OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Wndr3700 Vlan

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have pfSense as backbone, also serves DHCP for 3 VLANs.. 10(LAN), 2(VoIP), 3(Video)

pfSense is hooked to VLAN aware Netgear switch GS108Tv2. Ports are configured and working perfectly for LAN, VoIP and Video based on their VLAN memberships and PVIDs (10.0.0.x LAN, 10.0.2.x VoIP, 10.0.3.x Video)

Also have WNDR3700 hooked to the switch as an AP, with DHCP turned off (since pfSense serves for DHCP). Connected switch port 4 to WNDR port 4.

WNDR3700 internal config - Ports 0-3 are onboard "LAN" ports, port 4 is a non-switched "WAN" port, and port 5 is the CPU.

I have created interfaces eth0.2 eth0.3 and eth0.10(renamed the default eth0.1 to eth0.10) for voip, video and lan respectively. I then created 2 SSIDs plus the default SSID (total 3). The default SSID (now eth0.10) picks up the pfSense default VLAN 10 and all clients connecting to this SSID get the proper IP (10.0.0.x) and subnet and can access the internet.

Now the problem is with the other 2 SSIDs for voip and video (eth0.2 and eth0.3). Clients can connect to the SSIDs but are not provisioned by the respective VLAN DHCP (10.0.2.x and 10.0.3.x) from pfSense. They show connected with no IPs.

How can I resolve this?

|----------GS108Tv2
                 |                |        \
         20(WAN) -----pfSense     \
                            10   2     3      WNDR3700
                             \    |      |       |       |      |
                              \__|___|___10       2     3
                                  |      |                |     |
                                  |      |-----x--x---|--x-|
                                  |-------x--x--x---|

Need to get the ---x--x--x-- link resolved.

If anyone can post me config details or help me edit mine.

(Last edited by banstro on 27 Mar 2011, 03:02)

Anyone ??

banstro wrote:

I have pfSense as backbone, also serves DHCP for 3 VLANs.. 10(LAN), 2(VoIP), 3(Video)

pfSense is hooked to VLAN aware Netgear switch GS108Tv2. Ports are configured and working perfectly for LAN, VoIP and Video based on their VLAN memberships and PVIDs (10.0.0.x LAN, 10.0.2.x VoIP, 10.0.3.x Video)

Also have WNDR3700 hooked to the switch as an AP, with DHCP turned off (since pfSense serves for DHCP). Connected switch port 4 to WNDR port 4.

WNDR3700 internal config - Ports 0-3 are onboard "LAN" ports, port 4 is a non-switched "WAN" port, and port 5 is the CPU.

I have created interfaces eth0.2 eth0.3 and eth0.10(renamed the default eth0.1 to eth0.10) for voip, video and lan respectively. I then created 2 SSIDs plus the default SSID (total 3). The default SSID (now eth0.10) picks up the pfSense default VLAN 10 and all clients connecting to this SSID get the proper IP (10.0.0.x) and subnet and can access the internet.

Now the problem is with the other 2 SSIDs for voip and video (eth0.2 and eth0.3). Clients can connect to the SSIDs but are not provisioned by the respective VLAN DHCP (10.0.2.x and 10.0.3.x) from pfSense. They show connected with no IPs.

How can I resolve this?

|----------GS108Tv2
                 |                |        \
         20(WAN) -----pfSense     \
                            10   2     3      WNDR3700
                             \    |      |       |       |      |
                              \__|___|___10       2     3
                                  |      |                |     |
                                  |      |-----x--x---|--x-|
                                  |-------x--x--x---|

Need to get the ---x--x--x-- link resolved.

If anyone can post me config details or help me edit mine.

Hi banstro,

Still no luck with finding the solution? Me too neither...
Must be something with DHCP Relay.
I hope someone can help us with this...

Cheers,
Eric

I am thinking of getting a 300 Mbps Ubiquiti Unifi .. VLAN AP... hate to waste 60 to 80 bucks for getting VLAN awareness to the wireless network.

if I am going to spend money I better spend on something good. Do you have a recommendation on a good VLAN aware wireless router/AP ? The Ubiquiti has just 10/100 Mbps LAN port.

banstro wrote:

I am thinking of getting a 300 Mbps Ubiquiti Unifi .. VLAN AP... hate to waste 60 to 80 bucks for getting VLAN awareness to the wireless network.

if I am going to spend money I better spend on something good. Do you have a recommendation on a good VLAN aware wireless router/AP ? The Ubiquiti has just 10/100 Mbps LAN port.

Hi banstro,

Did you come any further with configuring a DHCP Relay on the WNDR3700v1?

Cheers,
Eric

The discussion might have continued from here.