OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Mac OS X + Samba on a WZR-HP-G300NH

The content of this topic has been archived on 7 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello!

I am on a OS X, and my router is a WZR-HP-G300NH. I am sorry if this problem is specific to OS X (wether it is or not, I don't know)

But well,
I have a NAS hard-drive connected to my router, and I wanted to access it with samba.

When I try to connect using Finder -> connect to server (command+k), it asks for my username and password, and immediately reports them as being wrong - which is not. When I try do connect with smbclient, it works perfectly! I can connect with no hassle to my NAS hard-drive. What is the problem with Finder? I have been trying to solve this for quite a long time now, and it always say my password is wrong.

It connects OK if I log as a guest. But I do have some shares that are private and should be accessed only by logging in.

What to do? tongue

Thanks in advance,
Fernando.

I found a solution, I will post here, hoping it will help others.

To mount a Samba3 share on OS X through Finder (Connect  to server option, or command+k shortcut), I had to type my username all in capital. Suppose it was "fgielow", I had to type "FGIELOW" in order for it to work. It is specific to OS X, as it has worked on lowercase on both windows and on linux.

I do not know why this happens, but I was almost feeling stupid hahaha then I simply wrote all my username in capitals and voilĂ 

smile

Hi Fernando,

I can confirm this behavior, though I have no clue on the cause.

Is there anybody who knows, why the uppercase username is required?

Anyway, Fernando, thanks for the hint smile

Philipp

The discussion might have continued from here.