OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Issue compiling backfire with Luci

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

When I compile recently I often but not always get a situation where when I flash the created bin upgrade image Luci does not correctly function. When I go to the assigned ip for administration I get a blank page or a 0(on an otherwise blank page). I use luci-httpS.
Here is the thing, if I copy the .config out of the backfire directory and then wipe the directory and rerun my setup commands (see below) and copy back in the .config, run make menuconfig, but don't change anything, save and exit and make it, the image will come out functioning every time. What am I doing wrong ?

svn co svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branches/backfire
cd backfire
svn up
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a
make defconfig
make menuconfig
make

Hey!

I have the same problem. I build an backfire, and after I put to the board and try to fire up LUCI, it is not working. I get a blank page. The same happening with webif. And as the browser load the page, an luci.sh / info.sh is downloading. I dont know why, but instead of run the script on the board, it will be downloaded to the browser.

(Last edited by kukodajanos on 6 Mar 2011, 11:09)

The discussion might have continued from here.