OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: RTA1025W (ZXDSL531B /brcm63xx/) back to boot loader after cold restart

The content of this topic has been archived between 7 Oct 2014 and 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,
do we have some news about the ticket opened?
I have the same problem as this post.....
Here my situation:
=========
MY box is SL2-141-i, i changed the board to RTA1025W_16 to flash it with OpenWrt (http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/gigaset/sl2-141-i) and after that it seems OK.
But i need to create VLANs to use 1 ethernet physical port as WAN. No need to use anymore the ADSL telephone port. WLAN is OK.

Now, i was working a lot trying to create a correct /etc/config/network file (lots of docs in web), but everytime i cannot make vlan working.
Then i noticed in/proc/switch/eth0 dir:
--> vlan_enable=0 ??
--> xxx file (don't remember) says this is a adm6996 chip.... --> not sure if there are some drivers missing
--> robotswitch module is OK

Not sure how is the architecture of this platform, i mean, if the internal switch is on eth0 or eth1... btw, i have only eth0 in /proc.

==================

Thanks for some suggestions and any kind of helps!!!

Possible reason for low interest is limited hardware, performance capabilities of this generation devices.

Last I checked, OpenWRT itself was not prepared for proper user experience, easily wasting users' time if they tried to use it with the nice OpenWRT features such as the web interface, firewall, packages.

If features are enabled, allowed - it should be made safe - more testing and fixes towards user experience would be needed.

I do not see a reason for such projects to be deliberately geeky (unless we keep evil and want to limit the user base or waste people's time when they come across a technical difficulty built in the Open Source software by means of non-software-management.)

In the WiKi article I posted, I show that there is not enough space on the flash, and thus removing of packages.
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netcomm/nb6plus4w

People are interested in switch functionality to use such devices for VLAN tagging switch next to a router on a stick as well as next to a Wi-Fi AP L2 only devices. As well as L2 separation.

Another use is - unmanaged switch with a pingable IP for monitoring.

Cheers.

i have  ZTE ZXDSL 531B ROUTER RED & ORANGE LED BLINKING CONTINOUSLY. PLZ GIVE ME SOLUTION

I believe OpenWRT devs should provide a small image probably Backfire based. Hopefully one that is easy to flash from Web and includes updated CFE, web interface such as Luci, and full BCM5325 switch support!

Regards.

The discussion might have continued from here.