OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: is the tl-mr3420 v1.1 supported? is flashable with v1 firmware?

The content of this topic has been archived between 7 Oct 2014 and 17 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I just tried out failsafe mode on my MR3420 with trunk r31586. It worked fine when pressing the QSS butten during startup. After "mount_root" I was able to reconfigure the device.

(Last edited by alex77 on 14 Aug 2012, 10:55)

I am using openwrt on tl-mr3420v1.2 trunk . But any chance anyone knows how to revert to stock firmware (tp-link) ? . I am not getting 300Mbits/s on wifi even with the setting channel 11 and HT40- . So i want to confirm if i can get that speed in factory firmware to conclude whether its hardware fault or firmware fault

favas0 wrote:

Follow the instructions to the letter

exept for downloading the right firmware from tp-link...

about that, could you link the one that you used? was it without the bootloader part? if you want, copy that section of that wiki page on the mr3420 one using the right files and links as an example wink

Reverting to Original/Factory Firmware :

Model : tl-mr3420 v1.2 (r33312):

Step 1 : Download TP-link firmware here
Step 2 : Extract it to /tmp of your router (Use Winscp for windows i dont know how in linux )
Step 3 : In Putty  type this without quotes "mtd -r write /tmp/mr3420v1_en_3_12_21_up(120523).bin firmware"

Putty will output rebooting after the flash...Then you are done ( incase u hit 192.168.1.1 and luci/gargoyole/something pops up do this clear your browsers cache)

No need of "dd" step in wiki as the bin file ( factory image ) does not have a  "boot" word .

Hello. Then, i´ve got 1.2. Where´s the version correct to put wrt firm to this model?
Thankyou for your reply

The discussion might have continued from here.