I just read trough all the posts in this Topic and i would like to thank arokh, the OpenWrt team and everyone else that is making this nice piece of firmware.
I have a wndr 3700 (with up-to-date stock firmware) and it has been running stable for 8 months now (with the exception of one lock, wich could only be rebooted with terminating the power).
Although i want to change the firmware, because i want to have a svn server on it (netgear also supports this but also with other firmware: http://www.readynas.com/?p=420'.
But now i found this topic wich sound alot more interesting, and according to https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=11693 i should be able to install it to your firmware quite eazy.
I do however have a couple of questions:
1. I currently have a ntfs formated 2TB drive connected to the router, containing data (documents, music, films, backup images). Would formating it to ext4 make the usage of it (with Samba) faster?
2. Am i able to remove packets, like UPNP, NAT and VPN to make more space so that i wont have to use extroot?
3. I read somewhere @ the start that you used ubuntu as your base OS, wouldnt DamnSmallLinux be better? (i guess it doesnt matter now since you probebly stripped all the stuff you dont need)
4. I saw somewhere that you included mac filtering (also known as an ACL), but it is not refered to on page 1. Is is still in this build or do i have to add it myself?
5. How can you acces the router form a windows pc (xp or 7) when it has your firmware? (i think something like Putty, havent tryed the program yet)
6. How does the torrent/nzb programs work? Do you just upload .torrent and /nzb files to the router with samba or ftp or is there a web interface?
7. Is there some way that i can change the gui? (i C# java c++ html asp etc, just no experience with Linux)
8. Wont setting the transmit power (dbm) higher, break your hardware faster? (I know that in my country the max allowed is 100 mW, so 20 dBm i guess that it is bad for your health, souce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi#Health_Issues )