OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Fully featured OpenWrt build for the WNDR3700 (NO LONGER MAINTAINED)

The content of this topic has been archived between 13 Apr 2013 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

You're not supposed to edit any Makefile, it seems that svn on your pc got updated since you initially checked out OpenWrt. You need to redownload the LuCI feed using the commands below:

rm -rf feeds/luci; ./scripts/feeds update luci; ./scripts/feeds install -a -p luci; make V=99

What is the latest version # for wndr3700 V1 (NA)? where can I download it from ?

jow wrote:

You're not supposed to edit any Makefile, it seems that svn on your pc got updated since you initially checked out OpenWrt. You need to redownload the LuCI feed using the commands below:

rm -rf feeds/luci; ./scripts/feeds update luci; ./scripts/feeds install -a -p luci; make V=99

Hi jow, Thanks it almost worked... in order to fix luci I also was needed to change

src-svn luci http://svn.luci.subsignal.org/luci/trunk/

in the feeds.config.default file

Do you want me to upload to SDK somewhere (using gcc 7.7.2 64bit ubuntu) ?

(Last edited by mapisto on 4 Apr 2013, 00:18)

Released new OC Build r36195

I installed r34054 but I am not getting WAN IP when I connect my modem to router.. I have cable modem DCM 475 which I had reset prior to connecting my router to it. still no IP.. any idea?

Simply power-cycle the cablemodem and connect the OpenWrt's WAN port to a modems LAN port. Make sure both routers are not using the same subnet.

(Last edited by written_direcon on 8 Apr 2013, 07:01)

"Hi all, I am trying for a while to set up my WNDR3700v2 acting as a VPN server. Unfortunately no success yet. Actually I succeeded to establish L2TP connection to the router while it was running one of the arokh's builds. The point is that at that moment I couldn't make my USB printer to work properly so I flashed back to the normal Backfire image. I would be grateful if someone answer what build will be OK to run a kind of VPN server and printer daemon properly together. Thanks"

OK with the Attitude Adjustment 12.09-rc1 I have all the needed features so far. The only thing I would appreciate suggestions is the VPN. I want to set up a VPN connection from the Internet to my router in order to access my home LAN features. In addition the option to route my Internet traffic through the VPN will be great. So what type of VPN will be OK to do that and which is the easiest to configure: OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP ...?

(Last edited by beka765 on 10 Apr 2013, 06:19)

I flashed my WNDR3800 from stock firmware with the OC Build r36195 for the WNDR3800 yesterday and had a strange experience:

- my NAS did not show up as a "connected" device and was not provided with an IP by the router's DHCP; my printer did. Both are connected via ethernet cable (and, yes, worked fine).
- 2.4 GHz wireless would not go up in access point mode. "wireless" config file showed mode as "ap" and I changed the setting several times to "Access Point" in LUCI (as well as "enabling" wireless), but to no avail: (1) wireless not working, (2) LUCI continuing to show the 2.4GHz band as being in "Client" mode and disabled.
- 5 GHz wireless fortunately went up in access point mode.
- reboot of the router, and I could not even access it from LAN (being directly jacked in), not even with assigning a static IP to my PC in the routers subnet (192.168.1.x) and mask.
- lucky me, I was able to login through a 5GHz connection and re-flash.

Now running Gargoyle stock firmware as an interim.

Anyone having a similar experience or some hints at what might have gone wrong?

asche wrote:

I flashed my WNDR3800 from stock firmware with the OC Build r36195 for the WNDR3800 yesterday and had a strange experience:

- my NAS did not show up as a "connected" device and was not provided with an IP by the router's DHCP; my printer did. Both are connected via ethernet cable (and, yes, worked fine).
- 2.4 GHz wireless would not go up in access point mode. "wireless" config file showed mode as "ap" and I changed the setting several times to "Access Point" in LUCI (as well as "enabling" wireless), but to no avail: (1) wireless not working, (2) LUCI continuing to show the 2.4GHz band as being in "Client" mode and disabled.
- 5 GHz wireless fortunately went up in access point mode.
- reboot of the router, and I could not even access it from LAN (being directly jacked in), not even with assigning a static IP to my PC in the routers subnet (192.168.1.x) and mask.
- lucky me, I was able to login through a 5GHz connection and re-flash.

Now running Gargoyle stock firmware as an interim.

Anyone having a similar experience or some hints at what might have gone wrong?

Did you try a clean install? Without any previous config files and the likes. That can mess up your install if there have been some changes to the way it used to work and the config files still trying to do those things.

@johan81: I thought so as I upgraded from stock firmware and used the "factory" image (although I note that stock Netgear firmware is based on an old OpenWRT version ...).

The Gargoyle (1.5.9) install (as "sysupgrade" image) then had no issues and runs as expected. I think I might just have read a "keeping settings" flash by (not that I consciously selected that, but the "[x] Keep Settings" switch might have been re-set by LUCI accidentally).

So, I'll assume no issues with previous/current config files.  (cf. above: in /etc/config/wireless, radio0/radio1 was entered correctly as "ap", nevertheless OpenWRT c*cked up)

Hi,

Apologies for the noob question. I received my Netgear WNDR3700 (V1) yesterday and cannot flash the factory image via tftp.

I am holding the reset button in while powering up the device but at no stage am I getting the power led to flash green.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I also tried via the router's web ui, but it complains about *.img file, saying that it should be *.cfg, or *.cfg.

Thanks in advance.

(Last edited by rimoth on 11 Apr 2013, 17:28)

rimoth wrote:

I also tried via the router's web ui, but it complains about *.img file, saying that it should be *.cfg, or *.cfg.

Update via web GUI should work like a breeze (at least it did on my WNDR3700 and WNDR3800).  Have you tried updating to the newest stock firmware from Netgear first via GUI?

Just note you have to use the "factory" image (*.img), not the "sysupgrade" (*.bin) when changing from stock firmware to OpenWRT.

[Edit: Google says that there used to be errors when using FireFox. I did not have issues with FF but maybe you could try a different browser with the router's GUI. I assume JavaScript is activated?]

(Last edited by asche on 11 Apr 2013, 17:32)

OK, under linux I tried chrome and firefox and under windows 7 I tried chrome and internet explorer. Each time I tried to upgrade to Netgear's latest firmware it says when I click the upload button "Please assign the correct file. (File format is "*.cfg".):(*.chk)".

The firmware I am trying to apply is WNDR3700-V1.0.4.68.img.

Any help appreciated. I am going to give the tftp method another attempt now.

Would you mind compiling kmod-usb-serial-ftdi for the wndr3700 OC firmware?

I would really appreciate it.

thanks!

Guys I guess I found a small issue with the DHCP daemon.

I want to publish my router (192.168.2.22) as NTP server via DHCP. According to the RFC option 42 is for specifying NTP servers, so I added

to the DHCP settings of my LAN interface and enabled NTPd.

However, when I capture the DHCP response in Wireshark the option 42 is never set:
http://i.imgur.com/E2H5WcT.png

I can reproduce this issue with r34054 and the most recent r36195.

Sorry, posts 3616 to 3625 are missing from our archive.