OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Is LuCI being abandoned?

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have just performed an upgrade to my local OpenWRT SVN development trunk with r22839 and LuCI (r6243). Upon entering the LuCI sub-menu after a make menuconfig, I got the following menu sans LuCI:

OpenWrt Kamikaze (r22871) Configuration
 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  ???????????????????????????????????? LuCI ?????????????????????????????????????
  ?  Arrow keys navigate the menu.  <Enter> selects submenus --->.  Highlighted ?  
  ?  letters are hotkeys.  Pressing <Y> includes, <N> excludes, <M> builds as   ?  
  ?  package.  Press <Esc><Esc> to exit, <?> for Help, </> for Search.  Legend: ?  
  ?  [*] built-in  [ ] excluded  <M> package  < > package capable               ?  
  ? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?  
  ? ?     Freifunk  --->                                                      ? ?  
  ? ?                                                                         ? ?  
  ? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?  
  ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????  
  ?                      <Select>    < Exit >    < Help >                       ?  

Looks like OpenWRT has abandoned LuCI. sad

mazilo wrote:

I assume you're joking?  It's obviously a bug or misconfiguration.

LinkZ wrote:
mazilo wrote:

I assume you're joking?

I am not sure what you meant, but you definitely saw my post with the screen dump that shows only with a Freifunk entry (no LuCI).

I meant, I think you're jumping to conclusions by saying OpenWrt has abandoned LuCI.  Why would they do that after all the work that has been put into it?

I just updated to latest trunk (r22871) and it looks like LuCI is still there:

OpenWrt Kamikaze (r22871) Configuration                                         
  ??????????????????????????????????? LuCI ???????????????????????????????????   
  ?  Arrow keys navigate the menu.  <Enter> selects submenus --->.           ?   
  ?  Highlighted letters are hotkeys.  Pressing <Y> includes, <N> excludes,  ?   
  ?  <M> builds as package.  Press <Esc><Esc> to exit, <?> for Help, </> for ?   
  ?  Search.  Legend: [*] built-in  [ ] excluded  <M> package  < > package   ?   
  ? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?   
  ? ?     Collections  --->                                                ? ?   
  ? ?     Components  --->                                                 ? ?   
  ? ?     Freifunk  --->                                                   ? ?   
  ? ?     Libraries  --->                                                  ? ?   
  ? ?     Themes  --->                                                     ? ?   
  ? ?     Translations  --->                                               ? ?   
  ? ?                                                                      ? ?   
  ? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?   
  ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????   
  ?                     <Select>    < Exit >    < Help >                     ?   
  ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry and I did not mean to jump into such a conclusion.

BTW, did you perform a scripts/feeds update to get the latest packages under feeds? Once you do that, then do a make menuconfig to see if LuCI is still there. Can you please confirm this?

I updated as follows:

svn update
./scripts/feeds update packages luci
./scripts/feeds install -a -p luci
./scripts/feeds install

I think you may need to run "scripts/feeds install" to create the symlinks.

Sometimes after a major update, it's easier to clean everything and start from scratch... this often resolves issues:

make distclean
make menuconfig
make V=99

LinkZ

LinkZ wrote:
svn update
./scripts/feeds update packages luci
./scripts/feeds install -a -p luci
./scripts/feeds install

I followed your suggestions above and now LuCI menu is back and filled with all entries before. Thanks.

np smile

I spoke too soon. The /www directory is filled with LuCI codes. However, when I tried to use Firefox to connect to LuCI, here is what I got:

Fatal: Indexcache is not sane!
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'assert'
    ?: in function 'createindex_plain'
    ?: in function 'createindex'
    ?: in function 'createtree'
    ?: in function 'dispatch'
    ?: in function <?:128>

Whats the permissions on /tmp/luci-indexcache ?

jow wrote:

Whats the permissions on /tmp/luci-indexcache ?

Thanks Jow. I got it fixed now by removing the /tmp/luci-indexcache and then restart the /etc/init.d/uhttpd init script file.

The discussion might have continued from here.