OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Atheros only! - Next Generation Piranha firmware (v4) + AAP (v3)

The content of this topic has been archived between 20 Aug 2015 and 21 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

No other changes as orange did not do any updates. I just provide the image for him.

As for flashing, unless there is a tool to flash your device I'm afraid i cant really help you.
You could see if you can get a response form the fon-flash guys but as far as i know that project is not supported anymore.

I know your pain .... after the first 3 were done I bought a USB-to-serial adapter. So much easyer.

bulanula wrote:

And catching that stupid micro Redboot ...

Use http://www.digininja.org/files/redboot.pl to catch Redboot. That much easier!

(Last edited by orange on 7 Jul 2012, 14:40)

Very good work on this all involved, I just tried it now and got most of it working including monitor mode.

I have one problem though. I am trying to connect to an open AP and I get failed/skipped all the time and it never connects at all.

This could be because of multiple issues :

-wrong ssid
-no signal ( unlikely )
-mac filtering employed ?
-radius server authentication ( unlikely )

Is there a way I can debug why it fails to associate with the open AP ? Thanks again for all the work orange, Mavy and others involved here.

Disable internet checking is my thought

Results?

Still no idea. Can't associate and the MAC of the AP is not shown when I do iwconfig as it should when associated.

Strange ... but maybe it is just that AP due to low signal or something ?

Otherwise, splendid job orange !

Any thing new?

Any thing new?

Hello
I am using the files Mavy shared (thank you).
And i am using a fonera 2100.
I am always getting failed/skipped and have tried in 3 networks. In one of them i even tried to open the wireless but even them it would not connect. It would not see the network without password.
I think i have aap configured right.

This is it:
config 'aap'
        option 'checkfreq' '60'
        option 'dhcptimeout' '60'
        option 'ineturl' 'www.google.com'
        option 'logenable' '1'
        option 'prefonly' '0'
        option 'rescandelay' '43200'
        option 'warndelay' '120'
        option 'watchinet' '1'
        option 'autostart' '1'

config '00:11:22:33:44:55'
        option 'key' '00010203040506070809101112'

config '00:22:33:44:55:66'
        option 'fakemac' '00:33:44:55:66:77'

config '00:44:55:66:77:88'
        option 'ssid' 'default'

config '00:55:66:77:88:99'
        option 'blst' '1'

config '00:25:53:a3:bb:b3'
        option 'ssid' 'PSB-A3CCC1'
        option 'key' '9HT6i3lu'

If anyone is still around here i would apreciate some help.
Thank you

Do you know the manufacturer of the access point that you're trying to connect to ?

I've always wondered if Broadcom Atheros have a problem ...

Hi all. I've read all this thread and my use case is the same pointed by "Lux" at the beginning. I want a STA and VAP with AAP configured.

By now, I installed Mavy's version of the firmware and things work when I'm connected through cable.

My problem is that I have a Fonera 2100 and a tablet. No way to connect via cable when, for instance, I'm at a hotel.

Anyone got LUX's mod from AAP script? Maybe another ideas...

Thanks in advance...

orange wrote:
Seth7 wrote:

Almost 2 months since Mavy said anything ....

Friends,

while I currently have no time to provide a new pre-built OpenWrt image with AAPv3 built-in, I actually don't really understand why you won't configure it manually for the time being?! At https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=140797#p140797 I described the steps (two of them actually) to get it working (with a minor restriction) on all Backfire releases up to 10.03.1. I'd like to encourage you just trying it - it's very easy to configure (approximately 2% more effort than just installing stock OpenWrt w/o AAP).

best,
orange

Hi, Orange,

Thanks for the work. Being someone who come from DD for Atheros AAP,
in thread 216, winscp the 2 files, do they neea a .sh extention? what file name shall I take?

Any news about AAP V4? Can I use it on TP-LINK WR840n v1 with openwrt 10.03.1 rc6 ?

Any one could provide more details about how to scp the scripts to the flash?

Thanks.

Hi, there,

I come from DD-wrt, in need of atheros-based AP's autoap (aks AAP by Orange).

In DD-wrt, for a broadcom based linksys, while
I can set the aap_prefssid for 3 different routers:

SSID                   MAC                       Enycription Length Key    IP addr
PT-LINK_111111 00:00:00:11:11:11 wep                64 1234567890 192.168.1.101 192.168.1.1
PT-LINK_222222 00:00:00:22:22:22 wpa tkip              12345678 dhcp
PT-LINK_333333 00:00:00:33:33:33 open                    192.168.1.101 192.168.1.1, or any longer list, working perfectly,.

How to set it up in Orange's AAP?

The discussion might have continued from here.