OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Error during compilong OpenWrt

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,

i try to build my first own OpenWrt. I use the Backfire 10.03 Source and the Orion OpenWrt.config. I followed the "Building OpenWrt" howto and load the OpenWrt.config in "make menuconfig". Then i try the "make" command and get some errors. It need only some packages (openssl, jikes, etc.). After install of needed packages computer starts to compiling and after more than one hour i get an error. I restart compiling with "make V=99" and get this error:

#
#  Cross building
#
# /usr/bin/make -C "./build" compile
# /usr/bin/make -C "./projects" compile
# /usr/bin/make -C "./obj" compile
# /usr/bin/make -C "./lib" compile
# /usr/bin/make -C "./modules" compile
# /usr/bin/make -C "./bin" compile
# /usr/bin/make -C "./src" compile
# /usr/bin/make -C "./src/include" compile
# /usr/bin/make -C "./src/mpr" compile
# /usr/bin/make -C "./src/ejs" compile
/home/bergi/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_v5t_gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1_eabi/usr/bin/arm-openwrt-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc -c -DBUILDING_CROSS=1 -DPIC -w -Os -fPIC -mno-sched-prolog -Os -pipe -march=armv5t -mtune=xscale -funit-at-a-time -fhonour-copts -msoft-float -I../.. -I../../src/include ejsLib.c -o ../../obj/arm-openwrt-linux/ejsLib.o
ejsLib.c: In function 'ejsThrowMemoryError':
ejsLib.c:21551: error: incompatible type for argument 4 of 'ejsCreateException'
make[7]: *** [../../obj/arm-openwrt-linux/ejsLib.o] Error 1
make[6]: *** [compileDirs] Error 2
make[5]: *** [compileDirs] Error 2
make[4]: *** [compile] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/bergi/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-arm_v5t_uClibc-0.9.30.1_eabi/appweb-3.0B.2-3'
make[3]: *** [/home/bergi/OpenWrt/backfire/build_dir/target-arm_v5t_uClibc-0.9.30.1_eabi/appweb-3.0B.2-3/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bergi/OpenWrt/backfire/feeds/packages/net/appweb'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/appweb/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bergi/OpenWrt/backfire'
make[1]: *** [/home/bergi/OpenWrt/backfire/staging_dir/target-arm_v5t_uClibc-0.9.30.1_eabi/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bergi/OpenWrt/backfire'
make: *** [world] Fehler 2

I have no idea how i can solve the Problem, can somebody pleas gave me a hint?

(Last edited by Bergi84 on 12 Jul 2010, 19:27)

Today i tried to compile the trunk source with the same config file and i get the same error. Then i tried to compile again backfire but without updating the build environment and it works. But now i haven't Luci and many other packages which i want in the build. Waht is the problem and how can i solve it?

(Last edited by Bergi84 on 13 Jul 2010, 17:13)

Bergi84 wrote:

Today i tried to compile the trunk source with the same config file and i get the same error. Then i tried to compile again backfire but without updating the build environment and it works. But now i haven't Luci and many other packages which i want in the build. Waht is the problem and how can i solve it?

I am having the very same problem, today also, the Luci was update to a new svn version, but the problem still happen.

I will try to download the complete svn back again and will not update it and try to use it again.

Erick

Is it a problem with orion, with a package or with compiler?

Bergi84 wrote:

Is it a problem with orion, with a package or with compiler?

I did create a new trunk on the svn only, not updating the packages at all and it worked to build, now i am comp. the second kernel.

I will report changes tomorrow, but if update the feeds script it make the comp. to return some error and did not work, so i suggest you to create a new directory for you like original-trunk and grab everything back with a new svn from the repository, and start from the scratch again and you will at least have a working version.

I did try and it worked, so, some problems with update in the packages // scripts.

Erick

i will copy my entire trunk to a new folder and try just to update the LUCI interface, as:

chmod -R 777 trunk
mv trunk original-trunk
cp -R original-trunk trunk-test-luci
cd trunk-test-luci
./scripts/feeds update packages luci
./scripts/feeds install -a -p luci
./scripts/feeds install
make menuconfig   #####select the packages and the image build options here
make V=99 ; echo -e '\a' 

and I will tell what will be the result okay? Also, try to do the same, with a new svn trunk

Erick

The discussion might have continued from here.