OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link 1043ND Destroyed by flashing

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

yesterday I destroey my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Router. First I had an OpenWRT running. Then I flashed with the Webinterface to DD-WRT. And then I tried to flash to OpenWRT again. The webinterface said "upgrade failed". Then I didi it with mdt. Obviously mdt flashed the firmware and something went wrong.
Now when the Router is running, all LEDs (except Power LEDs) are flashing continuously. The Power LED is always on.
A new flash with tftp didn't work. I think, the bootloader doesn't start up, because the router doesn't answer on pings, when reconnecting the power supply. Before I flashed the router it did answer on pings.

Has anyone an idea how I could reanimate the router?

Thanks.

Well, sending firmware image over tftp never worked with TL-WR1043ND. Tftp method mainly works with broadcom devices (CFE bootloader).  To unbrick you'll need serial console, read the wiki http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd#serial

KaeptenIglu,

I have the same problem. Have you unbricked your router?

Hey guys

First of all, sorry for my english, it is not my main language! big_smile

Today I decided to flash back the original firmware on my router (1043nd) because I had several problems with the internet. Now, my router is bricked und all LEDs (except the first one) are blinking! sad

Could you please tell me which cable I exactly need und which steps has to be perfomed, so that I can unbrick the router!

On other pages in the internet stays, that I have to open up the case und to solder some pins.... Is this really neccessary?

Thanks for the answers!

Have a nice day!

The discussion might have continued from here.