Topic: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

hi, i have a big problem, and its stupid LOL
I have  a wrz-hp-g300h, with open-wrt, and i was stupid to put the router in pppoe ... now i can´t even acesse the web interface to change this ...

What do i need to do ? should i use linux or windows xp to acess to the web acess ?

need sepcial halp for a big noob like me LOL

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

no one can help me ? please its urgent !!!

3

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

Try 'failsafe mode'...

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

Dogge wrote:

Try 'failsafe mode'...

how does that work ? is it easy to do that ?

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

Click on the "Faq" link near the top of this page.

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

i have found it .... is it is ?

http://wiki.openwrt.org/oldwiki/openwrtdocs/troubleshooting

i have try this and it work...
Non-Linksys models
Plug in the power, wait 2 secs, then press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds.

WGT634U - The failsafe button does not work on this router for Kamikazi builds. You will need to flash via a serial connection. Please refer to the hardware page for this model for specific failsafe routines.

and i have mad it static on 192.168.1.1, and ping it ,.... and it was ok ... the router exist´s LOL

BUT what shoul i do now ? i try telnet 192.168.1.1, and nothing happen .... i am on windows xp pro if that is the problem ...
I try the web interface to go to the page 192.168.1.1, and nothing .... i even try th SSH on putty, and nothing happen ... because it was the port ? no ? LOL


i could need extra help now ... i am almost there ... i think LOL

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

is it because i am on windows, or i need to do this in linux ?

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

people if i do this in windows xp, should i use putty to ACESS the router ? like this 192.168.1.1 , and use the port 9000 ?
could need extra help, from some one that already work on this ... because even if i have the tuturial to do this, is a bit complicated LOL

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

I'm highly confused. Maybe you should just use tftp to flash the router?

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

pyther wrote:

I'm highly confused. Maybe you should just use tftp to flash the router?

going to do that ! thanks i already read it on the other part of the forum big_smile

but even so ... how will i reflash it ... can you give a good tuturial, a simple on on what to in linux ... is more just the comands to do the trick LOL

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

Once again, check the Faq link at the top of the page. There is a link that tells you how.

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

This is a good link http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/tftp though there is a catch with the wrz-hp-g300h. You need to add an arp table entry to the routers ip address (192.168.11.1). Based on your previous post I'm going to assume you'll be confused with these instructions. I'm in the process of writing a wiki page for this router.

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

pyther wrote:

This is a good link http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/tftp though there is a catch with the wrz-hp-g300h. You need to add an arp table entry to the routers ip address (192.168.11.1). Based on your previous post I'm going to assume you'll be confused with these instructions. I'm in the process of writing a wiki page for this router.

thanks i love you LOLOL so my router isn´t dead after all ..
What should be the arp comands, when i flash my router i used a comand like that ... i think so LOL big_smile  from a mini tuturial on dd-wrt, made by a guy ! and it did work out !

then i used the linux unbonto to flash big_smile
My problem is that, what ip static should i use ....  because the last time to acess the web interface was the 192.168.33.1, but i think that in safe fail mode is 192.168.1.1 ... in the the same cases i use static ip, and i did had ping coming from the router, when i ping the route it self LOL

and i already kown abou that tuturial in wiki on open-wrt, my problem if it was need a extra comand thats all big_smile
Thanks guy, you people aren´t that dead big_smile after all ...

14 (edited by ring69 2010-04-03 16:44:35)

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

ok guys i did it ! LOL
i 1- put the static ip on 192.168.1.2 on the pc
2- i put the router insafe fail mode, it was easy to understand but i did !
3- i open the line of comands, and write ping 192.168.1.1, and it was ok !
4- the easy part i put telnet 192.168.1.1, and it did the trick, i was now on the open-wrt menu big_smile

Now, what should i do ? flash it back ? or flash on windows xp ? or just change something on the registory on the open-wrt router ?

So, the fail safe mode, does work on this router on RC1 !

P.S: possible i will post a video on youtube to help noobs like me big_smile

And also, yes ! wiki of open-wrt must be updated !

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

Take a look at this: http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/buffalo/wzr-hp-g300h#installation

Let me know if something is confusing.

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

pyther wrote:

Take a look at this: http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/buffalo/wzr-hp-g300h#installation

Let me know if something is confusing.

You say to configure your interface with 192.168.11.2 and then in your example you use 192.168.1.2. You also used 192.168.1.1 instead of 192.168.11.1 in your tftp example.

17 (edited by pyther 2010-04-03 17:21:26)

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

Void Main wrote:

You say to configure your interface with 192.168.11.2 and then in your example you use 192.168.1.2. You also used 192.168.1.1 instead of 192.168.11.1 in your tftp example.

Gah... thanks I fixed it. I've been working with ip address for too long!

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

pyther wrote:

Take a look at this: http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/buffalo/wzr-hp-g300h#installation

Let me know if something is confusing.

100 % ok ! exelent work !  just how i did it when i was on buffalo firmware !

thanks guys big_smile

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

ring69 wrote:
pyther wrote:

Take a look at this: http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/buffalo/wzr-hp-g300h#installation

Let me know if something is confusing.

100 % ok ! exelent work !  just how i did it when i was on buffalo firmware !

thanks guys big_smile

ok having problems ... i can´t flash it back ! via the normal process ... even changing to sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.2
I am a bit mess over were ... so who can help me out ?

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

Well you need to be much much much clearer.

What exactly are you trying to do. At what step is it failing? If you are trying to flash it the ip address of you computer should be 192.168.11.2
What are you trying to flash back?

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

pyther wrote:

Well you need to be much much much clearer.

What exactly are you trying to do. At what step is it failing? If you are trying to flash it the ip address of you computer should be 192.168.11.2
What are you trying to flash back?

i use this guide to flash it:
I tried to flash this router with OPENWRT on Windows 7. I got nothing.. ive tried many times.. Then i loaded UBUNTU LIVE CD.
Be sure you are conected to the internet before you flash the router.
i did these commands:

1.sudo apt-get update
2.sudo apt-get tftp
6. sudo service networking stop
7. sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.11.2
8. sudo ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0
9. sudo arp -s 192.168.11.1 [MAC ADRESS OF ROUTER] e.g.: 00:00:00:00:00:00
10. CD to directory where is router FW.
11. type in command line: tftp
12. verbose
13. binary
14. trace
15. rexmt 1
16. timeout 60
17. connect 192.168.11.1
18. put wzrg300nh-firmware.bin (file name of FW)
19. PRESS ENTER!  and imidietly power on your router.
You should notice that tftp is sending the file.
after sending leave the router for about 10 minutes.
then:
sudo service networking start
re-connect to your router and you are ready to go 

For OPENWRT this worked for me..

OK, i only change the part of the ip to 192.168.1.1 ( i just taked the extra 1), because i put the router that ofcourse have open-wrt, on fail safe mode ! and normaly on fail safe mode to connect via telnet i use 192.168.1.1.

Or i am doing this the wrong way ? and i need to use the 192.168.11.1 ?

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

If you are working with a freshly flashed router you shouldn't need to put it in failsafe mode. The only time you should need failsafe mode is if you screw up the configuration so badly that you can no longer connect to the router.

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

You are doing this wrong. The ip address to flash the router is 192.168.11.1 it does not matter what the ip address is for openwrt as they are different. When the router is loading the bootloader which than loads openwrt the ip address is 192.168.11.1 until openwrt takes over and then sets it to whatever you have assigned.

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

pyther wrote:

You are doing this wrong. The ip address to flash the router is 192.168.11.1 it does not matter what the ip address is for openwrt as they are different. When the router is loading the bootloader which than loads openwrt the ip address is 192.168.11.1 until openwrt takes over and then sets it to whatever you have assigned.

i see ... this is because i think that it need to be in fail safe mode .. LOL and last time, when the router worked i login to the router via web interface via this ip 192.168.33.1.

But still i could do this in 192.168.11.1 ? to flash the router again ?

Re: Help, how i can change back to dhcp !

ring69 wrote:
pyther wrote:

You are doing this wrong. The ip address to flash the router is 192.168.11.1 it does not matter what the ip address is for openwrt as they are different. When the router is loading the bootloader which than loads openwrt the ip address is 192.168.11.1 until openwrt takes over and then sets it to whatever you have assigned.

i see ... this is because i think that it need to be in fail safe mode .. LOL and last time, when the router worked i login to the router via web interface via this ip 192.168.33.1.

But still i could do this in 192.168.11.1 ? to flash the router again ?

Forget all about failsafe mode. You do not need this.

Use the instructions exactly as they are posted above.

You MUST use 192.168.11.1 when tftp'ing any image to this router. 192.168.11.1 is the IP the router uses to "listen" for any tftp traffic.

It really does not matter what other IP you ever used or connected on before. Do not use any other IP.

Additionally, there is a newer version (RC3) available so you may want to download the newest version before proceeding.

PATIENCE is the key. Take it slow smile