Topic: BCM4718 Support and Netgear WNR3500L
Does 8.09.x support the BCM4718 SOC (http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/pb/4 … PB03-R.pdf) router?
Netgear's WNR3500L is based on this chipset. DD-WRT already has a Linux 2.6.24 based support (dd-wrt svn 13000) for this router.
I would be interested to join any one working on Netgear WNR3500L or BCM4718 support - Particularly in the brcm47xx targets with linux 2.6.xx.
We do have some patches for this router on brcm-2.4 target which we will also like to share soon. These patches mostly work - but there are some issues in WPA/WPA2 support.
Let me know if anyone is working to port kamikaze or trunk on a router based on BCM4718. So my questions are
1. What is the status of BCM4718 support in OpenWRT- I couldn't find any thing on this.
2. What would be the best way to take this forward? Main work will involve,
- WNR3500L is based on serial flash. Do you have the serial flash support in bcm47xx target?
- There possibly would be a new broadcom proprietory driver as I am not sure if the b43 works on this SoC.
- Does the GigE switch 53115 supported in bcm47xx?
- We possibly need to accomodate Netgear specific quirks like a modified flash layout, some the gpio settings etc., a different way of writing the firmware etc.