OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: How to set GlobeTrotter GT Max 7.2 (option GX0202) on WRT54G3G?

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Got installed everything on OpenWRT 8.9, GT 3G Quad is working, but GT max cannot get started, even i am using vendor: 0x0af0 prod: 0x6600. IS this card supported by openwrt ? How to get it supported? What cards are supported by default?

(Last edited by pusa on 27 Sep 2009, 18:28)

These cards require the HSO driver.

This website is very useful: http://www.pharscape.org/

which cards are supported in 8.9 by default? and how to install HSO driver?

pusa wrote:

which cards are supported in 8.9 by default? and how to install HSO driver?

Well, it depends on which kernel you're running. Card support is in the usbserial and usbnet drivers (option, sierra, hso) and newer or older kernels have newer or older versions of these drivers.

Though regardless of the kernel version, you're still looking at upwards of 100 devices between option, sierra, and hso.

The HSO driver is in drivers-->usb-->net. It creates /dev/ttyHSX devices instead of /dev/ttyUSBX devices, and Option provides its own shell script for connecting the cards, name hso_connect.sh which is provided with the driver.

Like I had suggested before, read the information provided in the link I sent you. It has all of the information you are looking for.

The discussion might have continued from here.