OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpenWrt on Corega WLBARGM

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 Feb 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, I've recently been getting fed up with the limited settings and arcane interface for my router, a Corega WLBARGM (MIMO) and am currently looking to the open source community for solutions.
From what I can tell based on the limited information available my router seems to share a some hardware with the Linksys WRT54GTv2 and Netgear WPNT834, but not all of it, so i feel optimistic about finding a usable firmware.

Below follows what I know of the hardware specs.

Processor: RTL8651B (realtek)
Wireless: Airgo AGN102BB-01 (Mini-PCI)
RAM: ESMT M12L64164A-5TG x2 (32M total)
Flash: MX 29LV320ABTC-90G (32M-Bit [4Mx8/2Mx16] 3V 90 ns flash with 64K-Byte sector for security at "bottom") << thanks OpenWrt forums!! ^^

My first question is.. is there a firmware/wireless driver available for this hardware? The second question is.. what, if any, would be a viable firmware if available?

I think maybe I'll just pick up one of the supported routers and play around with my Corega router on the side and see if I can get it to work with a better firmware than the standard one.

The discussion might have continued from here.