OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Dir-615 Revision A1

The content of this topic has been archived on 11 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Roundsparrow suggested I open a new thread based on the DIR-615 REVISION A1 since the B1, C1, and D1
are so different. The CPU is a Mvl8361 500MZH 32MB RAM, 8MB FLASH. There are other devices that run
OPENWRT that have this same CPU so I assume getting WRT onto this router should be doable.

Anyone who would like to leave any information on the DIR-615 REVISION A, this is the place!

Thanks!!!

- MENTALDOMINANCE -

You probably want to post this in another one of the forum topics, this isn't really a Community Release or Announcement...

Ebay sellers are flogging these things without mentioning they are A1 and obsolete with 2007 firmware....   I was hoping someone had rescued the people (myself included) who bought one but judging by the age of this thread, it doesn't seem likely.

If the CPU is known, what would I have to do to knock this up myself?  I'm guessing I'd have to get Jtag working (I have a linksys one here from my wrt-350n) but other than recover and load firmware, I've never done embedded hacking.    Know my way around Linux though.

any suggestions?

cheers and sorry for resurrection of this thread..

Update:

Just noticed that the source code for the 615 A1 is available here:
ftp://tsd.dlink.com.tw/GPL/index.html

If it's GPL I'm presuming it's a Linux based firmware?  Would hang this source code help porting dd-wrt with driver modules and such? downloading it now to have a look but I'm not overly confident.

(Last edited by frankieh on 25 Sep 2010, 17:11)

The discussion might have continued from here.