OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Trendnet TEW-632BRP, TEW-652BRP, DLink DIR-615 C1, CC WLN2206 working!

The content of this topic has been archived between 29 Mar 2018 and 29 Apr 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Latest and greatest, SVN 14745 with some ath9k improvements beyond compat-wireless 2009-03-03.

There is a new .uni format that integrates .webui and .bin previously used.  upgrading OpenWrt to OpenWrt the .uni flashed for me but mtd errored.  Just did a cold boot after that and new one came up.  YMMV.

the 14745 downloads here:
http://sites.google.com/site/stephengutknecht/

I wanted to give back by posting my experiences so far with the 652BRP and OpenWRT.  First I want to thank RoundSparrow for making these builds available!  I am primarily testing for client mode config.  I have two of these devices, one running the D-Link fw and the other running OpenWRT.  I have not yet had the chance to use the newest available build, but with the older versions I have had very little luck.  While I can get the client device to associate with the main AP, I cannot get it to pass traffic from the router or any machines connected to the LAN ports.

ihafarm wrote:

While I can get the client device to associate with the main AP, I cannot get it to pass traffic from the router or any machines connected to the LAN ports.

I'm not sure if this works automatically just going into client mode.  I honestly don't have that much OpenWrt experience, I haven't setup a client bridge (WLAN source to LAN clients bridge) on a known working OpenWrt device.  Maybe there is some extra steps that have to be done to turn off the firewall and such.

Anyone wiht 8.09 or newer experience to share on other platforms?

hnyman wrote:

I have been testing IPv6 with tunnel from SixXS, and it works nicely, but is based on tunnel software running in Windows. I am interesting in seeing the IPv6 capabilities in home routers, and so I started looking for suitable hardware. I would have liked to test DIR-615, but the C model seems not to be available here in Finland. I ended up ordering a Trendnet 652, which should arrive tomorrow.

Just updating the IPv6 front:
I have not installed OpenWRT, yet, as the Trendnet TEW-652BRP with D-Link DIR-615 C firmware seems to work just fine.
The Trendnet happily accepted a firmware update flash to D-Link DIR-615 C firmware 3.01. And now it thinks that it is DIR-615.

Right now I have a static 6-in-4 IPv6 tunnel in place, and it seems to work just fine.
Router config for tunnel was simple:
- selecting "IPv6 in IPv4 Tunnel" as the IPv6 connectivity mode,
- providing the remote & local IPv6 & IPv4 addresses,
- giving the value for local IPv6 subnet (selecting one 64-bit subnet to be used, out of my personal 80-bit IP address space ;-) )

DIR-615 C offers stateless IPv6 auto-config for computers in the LAN. Vista picked the address automatically and configured routing.

The logs and monitoring screens in DIR-615 are focused on IPv4 and do not offer any hints about IPv6 computers in LAN. IPv6 tunnel "just works".

So, DIR-615 C seems to work just nicely as IPv6 tunnel endpoint. It is one of the rare consumer router models with IPv6 and Wifi G/N support.

I am still considering installing OpenWRT at some point, but I want to see first how IPv6 works with stock firmware.

(Last edited by hnyman on 4 Mar 2009, 21:41)

RoundSparrow wrote:

I'm not sure if this works automatically just going into client mode.  I honestly don't have that much OpenWrt experience, I haven't setup a client bridge (WLAN source to LAN clients bridge) on a known working OpenWrt device.  Maybe there is some extra steps that have to be done to turn off the firewall and such.

Anyone wiht 8.09 or newer experience to share on other platforms?

I should have noted that I read wiki entries and other forum posts about configuring a bridge, but I haven't had anything work for me.

sickguy wrote:

Hi RoundSparrow, I'm very new to OpenWRT and linux, but I installed the openwrt_14379_k28p2-ar71xx-tew-652brp-squashfs.webui to my Tew-652BRP and could access to it through both Web GUI and Telnet. I tried to turn it into a repeater so I changed the following files. But after the changes my laptop couldn't get DHCP IP from the router anymore, thus I couldn't login to the router using 192.168.1.1. Is it anyway I could reverse the changes? Or reset OpenWRT to its default settings? I tried pressing reset button and no luck. Please advise, thanks. ( I think I didn't look carefully and changed the ipaddr to 10.0.0.1, and now I can't access to the router anymore )

-------------------------------------------------

/etc/config/wireless

config wifi-device  wl0
        option type     broadcom
        option channel  5
# disable radio to prevent an open ap after reflashing:
        option disabled 0

config wifi-iface
        option device   wl0
        option network  lan
        option mode     ap
        option ssid     YourSSIDHere
        option hidden   0
        option encryption       wep
        option key      '1'
        option key1     'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'

config wifi-iface
        option device   wl0
        option mode     sta
        option ssid     HostSSIDHere
        option encryption none
/etc/config/network

#### VLAN configuration
config switch eth0
        option vlan0    "1 2 3 4 5*"
        option vlan1    "0 5"

#### Loopback configuration
config interface loopback
        option ifname   "lo"
        option proto    static
        option ipaddr   127.0.0.1
        option netmask  255.0.0.0

#### LAN configuration
config interface lan
        option type     bridge
        option ifname   "eth0.0"
        option proto    'static'
        option ipaddr   '10.0.0.1'
        option netmask  '255.255.255.0'
        option gateway  ''
        option dns      ''

#### WAN configuration
config interface        wan
        option ifname   "wl0"
        option proto    dhcp

****** It happened to me also that I can no longer access the router; in neither standard nor repair mode. My situation must be same as that of 'sickguy' - refer to posting #77 fr0m sickguy on 2009-2-10. I am using windows platform w/ telnet; I tried it through Knoppix Live linux also eventhough I'm new to linux.

I was changing the values cautiously one at a time; and this problem occured after I updated <option ifname   "eth0"> to <option ifname   "eth0.0"> in /etc/config/network # lan configuration and rebooted.

I tried DHCP enabled but the pc could nog obtain an IP, then tried disabling DHCP with static IP 192.168.1.2; or 192.168.1.120; etc. but no luck.

Any clue? Thanks.

(Last edited by 123 on 8 Mar 2009, 19:39)

To my knowledge, ath9k does not support repeater mode.  To get back in,  use recovery mode and flash the latest OpenWrt version I posted (14786).  I just put a new build up today.

Follow these directions:  http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=81573#p81573  I promise, they work.  You just have to have the confidence and follow them close.

(Last edited by RoundSparrow on 8 Mar 2009, 19:26)

RoundSparrow wrote:

To my knowledge, ath9k does not support repeater mode.  To get back in,  use recovery mode and flash the latest OpenWrt version I posted (14786).  I just put a new build up today.

Follow these directions:  http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=81573#p81573  I promise, they work.  You just have to have the confidence and follow them close.

Thanks, RoundSparrow; however now I cannot access it in the recovery mode either (plugging power while pressing reset button for about 30 secs); while trying the status led blinks as it used to while in recovery mode; however when trying to access through 192.168.1.1 or try pinging to that ip returns nothing. I have my pc ip set to static (192.168.1.2). While looking at Network Connection Status window, it appears that there are some packets sent but no packets (0) received. Before this problem; I did successfully flashed the router with openwrt_14745-ar71xx-tew-652brp-squashfs.uni

Any help? Thanks.

123 wrote:
RoundSparrow wrote:

Thanks, RoundSparrow; however now I cannot access it in the recovery mode either (plugging power while pressing reset button for about 30 secs); while trying the status led blinks as it used to while in recovery mode; however when trying to access through 192.168.1.1 or try pinging to that ip returns nothing.

Review the directions again, your IP Address is not the one indicated.  I'm on #OpenWrt IRC if you want.

(Last edited by RoundSparrow on 8 Mar 2009, 19:53)

RoundSparrow wrote:

Review the directions again, your IP Address is not the one indicated.  I'm on #OpenWrt IRC if you want.

Thanks again RoundSparrow, that was life saving tip and sorry for my silly mistake. I was able to boot my TEW-652BRP into recovery mode and flash (openwrt_r14665_ar71xx-dir-615c1.webui) via web (192.168.0.1). And then I flashed it once again with openwrt_14786-ar71xx-tew-652brp-squashfs.uni using scp & mtd as you have outlined. MTD erroered me the first time; then had to reboot the device & again scp & mtd. Now it's up and running r14786. Thanks.

Success with client mode!

Compared to default settings and wiki, I had to add wan interface and play with firewall.
The firewall is in rough shape(wide open) and needs more tuning, please, anybody with experience, comment.
Wan interface works pretty good, associates with AP by dhcp and assigned ip address is shown in ifconfig.
The rate in iwconfig is 0 Mb/s or 1Mb/s which is wrong, pinging AP return in 2-3ms, ping google from terminal ~40-45ms and the same from PC 45-50ms. Online tests show full 5Mb/s dowload speed.
The lan port is on a different subnet than wan and does assign ip address to PC by dhcp, that's nice.

There is still one annoyance. Someties traffic gets stuck or dropped for up to 1 minute, then suddenly comes back. I can't ping AP at that time, possibly that's wireless connection.

Next step it would be cool to set it up as a repeater.

Anyway, here are my settings.

root@OpenWrt:/etc/config# cat wireless
config wifi-device  wlan0
        option type     mac80211
        option channel  6

# REMOVE THIS LINE TO ENABLE WIFI:
        option disabled 0

config wifi-iface
        option device   wlan0
        option network  wan
        option mode     sta
        option ssid     ToConnectTo
        option encryption none
root@OpenWrt:/etc/config# cat network

config interface loopback
        option ifname   lo
        option proto    static
        option ipaddr   127.0.0.1
        option netmask  255.0.0.0

config interface lan
        option ifname   eth0
        option type     bridge
        option proto    static
        option ipaddr   192.168.1.1
        option netmask  255.255.255.0

config interface wan
        # option ifname wlan0
        option proto    dhcp

root@OpenWrt:/etc/config# cat firewall
config defaults
        option syn_flood        1
        option input            ACCEPT
        option output           ACCEPT
        option forward          ACCEPT

config zone
        option name             lan
        option input    ACCEPT
        option output   ACCEPT
        option forward  ACCEPT

config zone
        option name             wan
        option input    ACCEPT
        option output   ACCEPT
        option forward  ACCEPT
        option masq             1

config forwarding
        option src      wan
        option dest     lan
        # option mtu_fix        1
        option proto    tcp

Bitshake wrote:

Hi Bitshake, thanks for sharing your successful experience. How do I test if it is working on my box? I have modified </etc/config/wireless>, </etc/config/network>, & </etc/config/firewall> files exactly the way you have outlined via telnet & vi editor. I did modify your <option ssid     ToConnectTo> by replacing the 'ToConnectTo' to my primary wireless router's SSID though. I did do a couple of basic test however. 1. This secondary router is not visible on the pc's wireless connections; 2. Was able to access through a wired lan, both via telnet & web UI (192.168.1.1); 3. While running <iwlist wlan0 scan> returned a list of all wireless APs around here; 4. While accessing through web UI (192.168.1.1 -> Network -> Wlan0) I found the files I modified being reflected (wlan:checked; essid updated; network:wan; mode:client).

Not sure if I'm just bugging you; thanks though.

Bitshake wrote:

The rate in iwconfig is 0 Mb/s or 1Mb/s which is wrong, pinging AP return in 2-3ms, ping google from terminal ~40-45ms and the same from PC 45-50ms. Online tests show full 5Mb/s download speed.
The lan port is on a different subnet than wan and does assign ip address to PC by dhcp, that's nice.

Progress, great.  Bitshake, great username and great report!  Ok, some info from the obsessive promoter of the platform:

1.  I've propagated a falsehood!  It seems iwconfig is currently not up to the 802.11n standard.  see: http://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel … 00938.html  we should be using "iw dev wlan0 station dump".  Reports, please?

2.  Don't take this personal, but I don't suggest the Internet to benchmark LAN.  Use a local server system please.

3.  Same goes on ping times.

ath9k is active, but we need to keep reporting these issues to ath9k-devel mailing list.  The more people, the better.  We are close folks, keep it comin'!

P.S.  There is now an ability to create virtual interfaces with ath9k driver, anyone tried it?

(Last edited by RoundSparrow on 11 Mar 2009, 00:50)

Hi,

I just flashed my tew-652brp and with RoundSparrow's firmware (thanks for all your hard work!) and everything looks great except for one detail.  I can't get a dhcp address on the wan interface from my crap cable modem.  The issue is that it negotiates a 10/half duplex connection, but it needs to use 10/full.  I had this issue on my old wrt54gs and i fixed it by setting an nvram variable, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this on the new setup.  Nothing in /sbin or /usr/sbin looks like it would set speed and duplex, but I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

Anyone know how I can set the duplex manually?

Thanks,
bodly

Checking back in to say that using this guy's config(http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=83578#p83578) I have routed bridge mode working on RoundSparrow's latest build.  Interesting development is that while the firewall is configured accordingly the reported Bit Rate is 54Mb, but if I stop the firewall the Bit Rate falls to 1.

RoundSparrow, I wouldn't be at this point without your builds and you seemed to be the only one driving this.
So, thanks for your work and looking forward for more progress.

Now, I set up another TEW-632BRP as AP and left default configuration and firmware.
So, here are test results.

root@OpenWrt:/# iw dev wlan0 station dump
Station 00:14:d1:59:06:f3 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:  60 ms
        rx bytes:       523418
        tx bytes:       37094
        signal:         -19 dBm
        tx bitrate:      MCS 45 40Mhz short GI
root@OpenWrt:/# ping 192.168.10.1
PING 192.168.10.1 (192.168.10.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.10.1: seq=0 ttl=64 time=1.619 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.1: seq=1 ttl=64 time=1.635 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.1: seq=2 ttl=64 time=1.384 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.1: seq=3 ttl=64 time=1.795 ms

Pinging the same from PC returns 1-4 ms.

Bad news the connection to AP occasionally drops and I had to reboot client router to get it back.

Any other tests I could run?

123 wrote:
Bitshake wrote:

Hi Bitshake, thanks for sharing your successful experience. How do I test if it is working on my box? I have modified </etc/config/wireless>, </etc/config/network>, & </etc/config/firewall> files exactly the way you have outlined via telnet & vi editor. I did modify your <option ssid     ToConnectTo> by replacing the 'ToConnectTo' to my primary wireless router's SSID though. I did do a couple of basic test however. 1. This secondary router is not visible on the pc's wireless connections; 2. Was able to access through a wired lan, both via telnet & web UI (192.168.1.1); 3. While running <iwlist wlan0 scan> returned a list of all wireless APs around here; 4. While accessing through web UI (192.168.1.1 -> Network -> Wlan0) I found the files I modified being reflected (wlan:checked; essid updated; network:wan; mode:client).

Do you have wireless connection?
Check with iwconfig or "iw dev wlan0 station dump"

bodly wrote:

The issue is that it negotiates a 10/half duplex connection, but it needs to use 10/full.  I had this issue on my old wrt54gs and i fixed it by setting an nvram variable, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this on the new setup.  Nothing in /sbin or /usr/sbin looks like it would set speed and duplex, but I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

I think you can do this with "ethtool -s eth1 speed 10 duplex full autoneg off", not sure if you need to install ethtool from package or what.

RoundSparrow wrote:
bodly wrote:

The issue is that it negotiates a 10/half duplex connection, but it needs to use 10/full.  I had this issue on my old wrt54gs and i fixed it by setting an nvram variable, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this on the new setup.  Nothing in /sbin or /usr/sbin looks like it would set speed and duplex, but I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

I think you can do this with "ethtool -s eth1 speed 10 duplex full autoneg off", not sure if you need to install ethtool from package or what.

I have no idea why I didn't think of this.  Download a package, copy it to the router.  Duh.  Thanks.  :-)

Bitshake wrote:
123 wrote:
Bitshake wrote:

Do you have wireless connection?
Check with iwconfig or "iw dev wlan0 station dump"

Hi Bitshake, thanks for responding. I do have wired & wireless connection. But I do enable one or the other at a time. While enabling the wireless I could not see the secondary router (tew-652brp) on the list of available wireless connections.

The only way I could connect to my tew-652brp is through wired connection; and while running your commands through wired connection returned as below (the mac address for Station and Access Point were exactly same):

Station ##:##:##:##:##:## (on wlan0)
        inactive time:  20 ms
        rx bytes:       707135
        tx bytes:       2698
        signal:         -69 dBm
        tx bitrate:     1.0 MBit/s

root@OpenWrt:/# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      no wireless extensions.

br-lan    no wireless extensions.

wmaster0  no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"default"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: ##:##:##:##:##:##
          Bit Rate=1 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr=2352 B
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=41/70  Signal level=-69 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

ip6tnl0   no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

root@OpenWrt:/#

Does that help you to understand what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Hi,

I just tried openwrt on a TEW-652BRP (kamikaze 14871). Here are my results with ap mode:

I'm downloading a 100M file from a local server via wireless, the speed is about 15mbps. I can download that file once or twice before wireless crashes. Just before the link is lost iw says:

root@OpenWrt:~# iw dev wlan0 station dump
Station 00:18:de:da:5f:f4 (on wlan0)
        inactive time:  17810 ms
        rx bytes:       2147965
        tx bytes:       67189210
        signal:         -56 dBm
        tx bitrate:     54.0 MBit/s

From the client i can't detect the wireless network, on the ap no messages are logged (errors, warnings, nothing).

root@OpenWrt:~# wifi down
root@OpenWrt:~# wifi up
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-wlan0.conf
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 02:88:32:65:65:56 and ssid 'OpenWrt'

Restarting hostapd/wireless seems to reenable wireless. This can be reproduced without encryption too (now I tested with WPA-PSK).

I noticed that ath9k doesn't detect the mac of the device and sets something on it's own.
I also noticed that /proc/cpuinfo thinks it's a 632, not 652, but I think that's ok considering it's the same hardware.

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg list
base-files-ar71xx - 16-r14871 -
busybox - 1.11.3-4 -
dnsmasq - 2.47-2 -
dropbear - 0.51-2 -
firewall - 1-1 -
hostapd-mini - 0.6.8-1 -
hotplug2 - 0.9+r102-3 -
ip - 2.6.25-1 -
iptables - 1.4.1.1-2 -
iptables-mod-conntrack - 1.4.1.1-2 -
iptables-mod-nat - 1.4.1.1-2 -
iw - 0.9.9-1 -
kernel - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ath9k - 2.6.28.7+2009-03-13-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-button-hotplug - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-crc-ccitt - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-crypto-aes - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-crypto-arc4 - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-crypto-core - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-input-core - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-input-gpio-buttons - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-input-polldev - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ipt-conntrack - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ipt-core - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ipt-nat - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ipt-nathelper - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-mac80211 - 2.6.28.7+2009-03-13-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ppp - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-pppoe - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
libc - 0.9.29-16 -
libgcc - 4.1.2-16 -
libnl - 1.1-4 -
libuci - 0.7.3-1 -
mtd - 8 -
opkg - 4564-3 -
ppp - 2.4.3-10 -
ppp-mod-pppoe - 2.4.3-10 -
uci - 0.7.3-1 -
udevtrigger - 106-1 -
wireless-tools - 29-3 -

cozonac wrote:

Hi,

I just tried openwrt on a TEW-652BRP (kamikaze 14871). Here are my results with ap mode:

I also thought of giving it a try and posting the outcome; not sure if that would be of any help.

Environment:
1. TEW-632BRP flashed with r14786 (see below) on AP mode with Wlan enabled.
2. MBWE network storage connected to TEW-632BRP via network cable; MBWE obtained a dhcp ip assigned by the router;
3. Laptop w/ windows xp; has a Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG 54mbps card; also has a lan card; wireless connection enabled; wired lan disabled; connected to the router wirelessly and obtained a dhcp ip assigned by the router;

For testing, I targetted a folder with size 1.21gb (containing 608 files, 84 folders) in MBWE and copied that to my laptop. It took 11min 57sec. I was also checking the Networking tab of Windows Task Manager and network utilization was roughly around 33% for 2/3 of the time and around 16% for 1/3 of the time.

Also thought of posting a screen shot of similar commands that 'cozonac' provided. Thanks.

=== IMPORTANT ============================
  Use 'passwd' to set your login password
  this will disable telnet and enable SSH
------------------------------------------

BusyBox v1.11.3 (2009-03-08 05:47:50 CDT) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

_______                     ________        __
|       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
|   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
|_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
KAMIKAZE (bleeding edge, r14786) -------------------
  * 10 oz Vodka       Shake well with ice and strain
  * 10 oz Triple sec  mixture into 10 shot glasses.
  * 10 oz lime juice  Salute!
---------------------------------------------------
Station 00:0e:35:16:05:8f (on wlan0)
        inactive time:  150 ms
        rx bytes:       41309730
        tx bytes:       1394545629
        signal:         -31 dBm
        tx bitrate:     54.0 MBit/s

root@OpenWrt:/# opkg list
base-files-ar71xx - 16-r14786 -
busybox - 1.11.3-4 -
dnsmasq - 2.47-2 -
dropbear - 0.51-2 -
ead - 1 -
firewall - 1-1 -
hostapd - 0.6.8-1 -
hostapd-mini - 0.6.8-1 -
hotplug2 - 0.9+r102-3 -
iptables - 1.4.1.1-2 -
iptables-mod-conntrack - 1.4.1.1-2 -
iptables-mod-nat - 1.4.1.1-2 -
iw - 0.9.9-1 -
kernel - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ath9k - 2.6.28.7+2009-03-05-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-button-hotplug - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-crc-ccitt - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-crypto-aes - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-crypto-arc4 - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-crypto-core - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-input-core - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-input-gpio-buttons - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-input-polldev - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ip6-tunnel - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ip6tables - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ipt-conntrack - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ipt-core - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ipt-nat - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ipt-nathelper - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-iptunnel4 - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-iptunnel6 - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ipv6 - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-mac80211 - 2.6.28.7+2009-03-05-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-ppp - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-pppoe - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
kmod-sit - 2.6.28.7-ar71xx-1 -
libc - 0.9.29-16 -
libgcc - 4.1.2-16 -
liblua - 5.1.4-3 -
libnl - 1.1-4 -
libopenssl - 0.9.8j-1 -
libuci - 0.7.3-1 -
libuci-lua - 0.7.3-1 -
lua - 5.1.4-3 -
luci-admin-core - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-admin-full - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-cbi - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-core - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-http - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-i18n-english - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-ipkg - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-sgi-cgi - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-sys - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-theme-base - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-theme-openwrt - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-uci - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-uvl - 0.8.6-1 -
luci-web - 0.8.6-1 -
mtd - 8 -
opkg - 4564-3 -
ppp - 2.4.3-10 -
ppp-mod-pppoe - 2.4.3-10 -
uci - 0.7.3-1 -
udevtrigger - 106-1 -
wireless-tools - 29-3 -
wpa-supplicant - 0.6.8-1 -
zlib - 1.2.3-5 -
root@OpenWrt:/#

cozonac wrote:

I noticed that ath9k doesn't detect the mac of the device and sets something on it's own.
I also noticed that /proc/cpuinfo thinks it's a 632, not 652, but I think that's ok considering it's the same hardware.

If you study the progression of server checkins, you will see this has evolved.

From what I understand:  1) The radio chip has a MAC programmed in EPROM.  2) Some of the routers (I have one, a friend has another) have invalid EPROM numbers on them and ath9k will detect this and pick a random one.  I'd say 15% of the Trendnets come this way.  3) on the original trendnet factory firmware, it reads the MAC from a config partition.  I suppose OpenWrt could add this capability, but it would be platform specific....

You could just have OpenWrt set the one you desire, you could note the one that the original firmware uses...

Worst case you should be able to get the mac address from the sticker on the bottom of router and set it manually.

Hello experts!

I am planning to buy a D-link DIR-615 next week.
But the only available revisions available here are rev D, not rev C1.

Is it possible to check from the firmware, is rev D Atheros AP81 based?

The firmware for rev D:

http://www.dlink.fi/cs/Satellite?c=Prod … FDLWrapper

(The word "Lataa" means Download, then next "Klikkaa tästä" means Click here to get the file.)

Thanks, everyone. Your work is much appreciated.
And greetings from Finland.