Hi guys I repost this on hardware hacking section becouse I hope that someone help me:

---------------
Hi I'm Dario from Italy. I found your post very interesting, and I'd like to flash kamikaze on my wag54g version 2...  I  decided to build the serial connection but I found some problems...I follow your pinouts settings but I believe that doesn't go with my wag ... first I try to connect it using an old cell connection cable, I've open It and I had found that the chip was a MAXIM686E (I  remember)...it was perfect for building the serial connection...first I have check using the schema of the chip founded in the MAXIM website, the chip has three inputs lines and two outputs first I have connected the first input line with the rx line of the router and the the first output line with tx of the router the I've connectd the ground and the 3v line of the router with the respective ones on the chip...I've tested it with minicom with standard settings 34000bauds 8N1 nothing seemd to happen...so I  decided to connect all the three inputs and all the two outputs with the respective  in the router using the pinouts you specified...at this point the router starts to smoke...and I disconnected all before it's breaking (so it seems)...the router still gone but the maxim chip probably is broken...so I've taken an usb to serial converter (prolific) and I'check on wikipedia the d-sub 9 pinouts I've connectd the pin number 2 (RXd) with the TX of the router and the 3 with the RX of the router the the pin number 5 with the ground of the router...something seems to happen infact minicom with settings 9600 8N1 starts to display strange characters...but nothing human readable...at this point I  stop my tests...I  dont' build the usefull serial connection...but I analyze the work in progress of open wrt kamikaze AR7...I found that wireless doesn't support WPA and this is a very important feature that will lacks...
What I ask to U is:
- Are your pinouts correct? for my routers open wrt settings seems  to be correct (4th pin tx 3td pin rx 2nd unused)
- How can I build a serial connection? I need full infos such as d-sub 9 pinouts...
- Is stil missing WPA in kamikaze?
- Can I use an open wrt router as an OpenVPN 24h 7d client?
-----------------------
I have just place a bid on an auction for an rs232 max232 converter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0301691620
How can i connect it to the router? do i have to connect the rx of the converter with the tx on the router board pinouts and the tx of the converter with the rx on the router board thanks
Dario