OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Belkin G + Mimo router - is it supported? has anybody tried it?

The content of this topic has been archived on 17 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi all!

First of all - im a f*****g noob breaking netiquette. I can crack WPA, but I cannot get my router working well.

Belin's support can't do it too. The things they wrote to me are looking like automaticly generated. "My problem are connection intermissions one per minute" - "We understand your problems are firewall logfiles". Bots or very tired humans. I can post it just for fun if you like.

In general buying this crap was a huge mistake.
The connection intermissions are very often and I cannot eg. download bigger file or listen streamed music. Noone knows how to make the connection stable. I've tried ALL Belkin's firmwares and bright Ideas, and 20 x more of my own and found on the net. Afaik only way the router would work is to assign a static IP. My all previous and present ISP provide dynamic.
I've read the "Common Mistakes" and FAQ. I know this hardware is NOT ON THE LIST of the supported hardware. But maybe it is not there by mistake?

The model I have: F5D9320-4 ver 3000
FCC-ID K7SF5D9230-4

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/rep … mp;fcc_id=

and node to "other forum" with some better photos given by the folk with the same "features" as I have:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27890

The arcitecture (afaik rdc r3211) is supported. Belkin released firmware on GPL. So maybe the router is tested it or will be supported in some time? (And there is a hope for this piece of crap to work well?)

Cheers,
Luke

snake-eat-elephant

Feedback rocks here

Vendors using RDC chips tend to customize the flash images in horribly wild-ass ways, and consequently, support for them can only be added one device at a time. I don't think any OpenWRT developer has ever seen this Belkin device yet, and depending on how complete their GPL tarball is, some reverse-engineering may be necessary to add the support. After the first support for an RDC device was added, it took two years before it was usable on that device. Can you take a look at Belkin's GPL tarball and say whether they included both the image-generation utility, and _complete_ RedBoot sources? (Assuming the device uses RedBoot; if not, a report on what it uses instead needs to be carefully investigated.)

Hi,

I've checked the GPL tarball and noticed it is very similar to the AR525W tarball (GEMTEK).

The main difference is in the image generation. I'm currently building the image and will keep you posted on progress.

Regards,

Remkio

The discussion might have continued from here.