OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Problems with WRT350N v1 flashed with OpenWRT

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have been using DD-WRT with a WRT54GS for a while now and have liked it, but I wanted to try something different with my new WRT350N,  I flashed it via the web interface on the stock Linksys firmware with snapshots/bcrm-2.4/openwrt-wrt350n_v1-squashfs.bin.  Looking back I realize this wasn't a good idea.  However, the firmware did go in fine, but the router started acting a little wonky, so I restarted it for the firmware to take effect.  It booted up fine, except for the fact that the interfaces weren't setup up right, and I can't connect to it anymore.  I spent the next two hours researching what I can do to get this thing back, but I had no luck with TFTP as there was no connection between my computer and the device.  I tried different kinds of combinations, but when I plugged the WAN port back in, I noticed on bootup that the router was accessible for ~4 seconds.  Using this little opening, I tried to TFTP the stock Linksys firmware back in, but it fails.  All the data is transfered, but it fails with error code 13.  I tried using DD-WRT mini for a 350N, and that is fully transfered, but the reflash never takes place.  The router just idles.  After a TFTP I can ping the router for several minutes, but after that connection just fades.  I haven't opened it up yet, but I am willing to do that.  I am also willing to buy a JTAG cable, or solder in a serial cable if needed.  Any help would be great, and thanks for reading.

The discussion might have continued from here.