Hello,

I've done the MMC mod on my first router which was a linksys WRT54G v3 and it was a success , no problems at all. I wanted to get another 32mb of ram so i can run more applications onto my router. so i picked up a WRT54GS V2 router. Looking through the documentation it explains how the GPIO pins are different on WRT54GS v1.1 routers however there's no mention of the WRT54GS v2 routers. The circutry looks similar to that of my old WRT54G v3 so i performed the mod that way to have no luck with the dmesg stating that it cannot initalize the mmc card. 

Before I spend hours with a meter and the GPIO diag tool. I'd rather not re-invent the wheel and instead ask if kindly if anyone has performed the MMC mod on the V2 of the WRT54GS and if so is it exactly the same as the V1.1 mod or is it more like the WRT54G v3 mod and i'm just missing something here. When I downloaded the mmc.o for GPIO-2 and did an insmod mmc I had a quick flash of lights on the DMZ. which is a different then running the optimized mmc.o for GPIO-5 which gives no lights when doing the insmod.  I'm not sure if I am getting somewhere on this.

In the meantime. I shall continue on to try to find the GPIO values myself. But if someone out there has the answer it would save me so much time.

Update: I tried two different SD cards, including a direct solder to a known working 64MB SD card to ensure that the resistance values are as minimal as possible coming from the board to the SD card.  I ran the GPIO tests. and my multimeter is testing out perfectly with all of the GPIO's mentioned on the wiki-mmc-faq a solid 3.3 volts comming across the lines.. I even have GPIO v2 firing from the white Cisco LED like the WRT54GS V4 routers. I tried to hook that up and swap with the mmc.o GPIO-2 library. Still no luck. Guess i'll just have to get a WRT54GS v1.1 if this keeps up.

Final Update: I resolved the problem I was having with seeing the MMC card. It just turned out as user error when soldering late at night. The answer to how to solder the WRT54GS V2 is to follow the same procedure in the wiki that is listed for the WRT54G V3 using GPIO 5.

Thank you.

(Last edited by hellcat444 on 19 Sep 2008, 03:44)