OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: wrt150n - brick...

The content of this topic has been archived on 20 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Ok, trunk works, I ventured forth into 2.6...

boots, great, all is well, i go dashing off to install packages from my repository and ... no wan? no pinging anything through wan? routing looks fine, wan port actually worked before... eth1, even statically set with the correct route wasn't doing anything... so i looked around and made some changes... lept to the conclusion that it had something to do with the vlan configuration... rebooted - (silly monkey!!)

aw, crap.

as soon as the router gets to S40Network it fails to do anything else properly now, i'm certain of it. no bug report required - sheer human error.

pinging the brick shows that 192.168.1.1 responds momentarily before it breaks. it never appears at the configured lan ip, which was different that the default. i'm not concerned about that. i know i broke it by guessing something, in other words, rushing.

I can place the router into a state where telnet appears, when the power light is flashing. telnet always returns 'Login failed.' and kicks out because I had already run passwd. that much i understand. yay security.

tftp is disabled by the bootloader i guess so it's all about the web interface. bad news for me anyway. /www is empty.

nmap shows telnet as the only open port at this point.

so.

JTAG, or Serial console?

ah, i've answered my own question. the serial port should do for correcting filesystem changes.

JTAG would only be required if the flash image itself were corrupt... right? I believe that my filesystem boots but then does something illogical.

I was just being lazy hoping that somebody would say: "short pins 19-67 while chanting aloud, that fixes that exact problem by launching a copy of dropbear that listens on 192.168.1.1 in spite of the network script breaking."

i'll post the serial pinout at least... there's a chance that my serial port hack will not tolerate the speed of the console. i'm not exactly the proud of owner of a max232 or anything, but I do know a thing or two about boosting TTL levels.

I might have to JTAG it...

thhhhhhpt. my serial hack is not good for 38400. I might have had a hope if I had a max232 sitting here, but I don't. it's 9600 baud with parity for this old dog...

JTAG... coming up...

The discussion might have continued from here.