OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: any upnp server in openwrt for ps3?

The content of this topic has been archived on 2 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi,there:

Are there any upnp server in openwrt which can service for ps3?

I check some docs by google search, but I can't find any solution for it?

Anyone can give me a tip!

All the best!

Tiger

try miniupnpd

multimedia/ushare

(Last edited by Yanira on 23 Aug 2008, 17:31)

Standard libupnp and linux-igd working great here.

hi there,

after a few month being apstinent to try t make a upnp-connection/mediaserver for my ps3 i decided to try it again. So i found this post.
I mean, that tigershzeng want to do the same as me, right?
So KillaB what do you mean with "Standard libupnp and linux-igd working great hear"?
Is it possible to make some Mediaserver service for the ps3 with linux-igd? I read a bit but i don't understand how to make such thing within linux-igd.

Hope, that anybody could help or answer.

Greetings
Marcel

RudiRendeer wrote:

So KillaB what do you mean with "Standard libupnp and linux-igd working great hear"?
Is it possible to make some Mediaserver service for the ps3 with linux-igd? I read a bit but i don't understand how to make such thing within linux-igd.

Sorry, libupnpd and linux-igd will only get you up and running with a UPnP server.  I use FUPPES (under Ubuntu) as my DLNA server.

I have no experience with uShare, so feel free to experiment.

Ah ok, thanks for the answer!

Hm but i would like to run an mediaserver with kamikaze on the nslu2. So i think i have to try ushare, because gmediaserver doesn't work well (just pictures work well).

So i have to try one more time :-(

I'll post if it works.

uShare can be configured via the LuCI WebUI after installing lugi-app-ushare. luci-app-ushare screenshot: luci-app-ushare.png

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install luci-app-ushare
Installing luci-app-ushare (0.9+svn-1) to root...
Downloading ftp://192.168.178.2/disk1/openwrt/wl-500gp/bin/packages/mipsel/./luci-app-ushare_0.9+svn-1_mipsel.ipk
Connecting to 192.168.178.2 (192.168.178.2:21)
luci-app-ushare_0.9+ 100% |****************************************************************************|  2227  --:--:-- ETA
Installing ushare (1.1a-1) to root...
Downloading ftp://192.168.178.2/disk1/openwrt/wl-500gp/bin/packages/mipsel/./ushare_1.1a-1_mipsel.ipk
ushare_1.1a-1_mipsel 100% |****************************************************************************| 28792  --:--:-- ETA
Installing libdlna (0.2.3-1) to root...
Downloading ftp://192.168.178.2/disk1/openwrt/wl-500gp/bin/packages/mipsel/./libdlna_0.2.3-1_mipsel.ipk
libdlna_0.2.3-1_mips 100% |****************************************************************************| 15534  --:--:-- ETA
Installing libffmpeg (20080419-1) to root...
Downloading ftp://192.168.178.2/disk1/openwrt/wl-500gp/bin/packages/mipsel/./libffmpeg_20080419-1_mipsel.ipk
libffmpeg_20080419-1 100% |****************************************************************************|   390k --:--:-- ETA
Installing libfaad2 (2.6.1-1) to root...
Downloading ftp://192.168.178.2/disk1/openwrt/wl-500gp/bin/packages/mipsel/./libfaad2_2.6.1-1_mipsel.ipk
libfaad2_2.6.1-1_mip 100% |****************************************************************************|   151k --:--:-- ETA
Installing libupnp (1.6.6-1) to root...
Downloading ftp://192.168.178.2/disk1/openwrt/wl-500gp/bin/packages/mipsel/./libupnp_1.6.6-1_mipsel.ipk
libupnp_1.6.6-1_mips 100% |****************************************************************************| 77977  --:--:-- ETA
Configuring libdlna
Configuring libfaad2
Configuring libffmpeg
Configuring libupnp
Configuring luci-app-ushare
cfg264b6d
Configuring ushare
root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/ushare enable

(Last edited by Yanira on 17 Oct 2008, 10:06)

hi there,

so i compiled the actually trunk, installed luci and ushare. Luci works just fine (with some little bugs or just config failures made by me).
But ushare doesn't work well.
Wenn i start it with the -d variable to get dlna support it says this:

ushare -i eth0 -v -d
uShare (version 1.1a), a lightweight UPnP A/V and DLNA Media Server.
Benjamin Zores (C) 2005-2007, for GeeXboX Team.
See http://ushare.geexbox.org/ for updates.
Listening on telnet port 1337
Initializing UPnP subsystem ...
Starting in DLNA compliant profile ...
UPnP MediaServer listening on 192.168.1.101:49200
Sending UPnP advertisement for device ...
Listening for control point connections ...
Building Metadata List ...
Looking for files in content directory : /mnt/media
/mnt/media/Chris Brown - Gimme That.mp3
can't open file: /mnt/media/Chris Brown - Gimme That.mp3
/mnt/media/Filme
/mnt/media/Filme/2690_trailer02-en_480.mpg.mov
can't open file: /mnt/media/Filme/2690_trailer02-en_480.mpg.mov
/mnt/media/Filme/Thumbs.db
can't open file: /mnt/media/Filme/Thumbs.db
/mnt/media/Filme/mariahcare_b2kewsdl.mp4
can't open file: /mnt/media/Filme/mariahcare_b2kewsdl.mp4
Found 3 files and subdirectories.

when starting with -x ushare doesn't says this .
So hm just when i make chmod 777 for these files he says it.
Anybody an idea? Cause i think, the problem ushare doesn't work with ps3 well could be something like this.

Greetings
Marcel

edit:
Maybe the problem is, what i found here:

http://forum.x-wrt.org/index.php/topic,509.30.html

Someone says here:

The ushare port was successful!
It will be included in the next release.
Unfortunately the author has decided to use the mplayer to support dlna. I will not fight with the mplayer's backport, so this functionality will not be included.

The gmediaserver build is still wrong. I have not been able to force it to use only cross compiled libraries. It still links against local libraries.

is there someone who is a good programmer who can take a look inside the code, if this is right?
:-)

would be great

(Last edited by RudiRendeer on 21 Oct 2008, 19:41)

Hi there,

so my ushare mediaserver for ps3 works more or less fine. I tried to play a m4v file and mp3's and it works. But forwarding to the mp3-list isn't working fine, maybe it'll fix when i install an usb-stick for swap.
I found out that there is a new patch for ushare, so i installed the packages (ushare, libdlna and libffmpeg) i compiled with the current trunk-version.
If i understand it right libdlna now works without ffmpeg and now with libavcodec and libavformat. But i am not a programmer es well so this information must not be right.

I just edit /etc/ushare.conf and enabled dlna support  and also enter the file-directory.

So for the moment it is fine, but i think there will be more to be done ;-)

(Last edited by RudiRendeer on 25 Oct 2008, 17:39)

All you have to do is this:

Install uShare

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install luci-app-ushare

Configure uShare

root@OpenWrt:~# uci set ushare.@ushare[0].enabled=1
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set ushare.@ushare[0].content_directories=/mnt/usbdrive
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set ushare.@ushare[0].options=-d

Save changes

root@OpenWrt:~# uci commit ushare

Enable uShare at boot and start it.

root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/ushare enable
root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/ushare start

The same can be done via LuCI > Services > uShare: http://yanira.dyndns.org:81/screenshots … ushare.png

The '-d' option enables DLNA support. Works fine here on WL-500g Premium v1 with Atheros wireless.

KillaB wrote:
RudiRendeer wrote:

dstt cards m3ps3 wireless controller

Sorry, libupnpd and linux-igd will only get you up and running with a UPnP server.  I use FUPPES (under Ubuntu) as my DLNA server.

I have no experience with uShare, so feel free to experiment.

Uhm, in pound you point backend to 127.0.0.1. It should be 199.108.4.73. And of course, the CA used to generate the certificate must be installed on the ps3. I'll play with this as soon as I have some time. fuckPsn works and is a lot more elegant, but the packages required are too big to fit on the firmware.

(Last edited by Madray on 24 Aug 2011, 10:55)

Hi Guys,

I am completely new to Linux and OpenWrt.  I just bought a TP-WR703n router and flashed it with OpenWrt without any trouble.  After some mucking around, figured out how to get it connected to the net via my existing modem.  I have installed Luci and ushare but cant seem to get my PS3 to see the uShare server.  Can anyone help please?  I have tried the settings described above and it seems correct via the web gui (Luci)  I cant understand why the PS3 isnt seeing it...

The discussion might have continued from here.