OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: What is the default username and password

The content of this topic has been archived on 9 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I have pushed the reset button on the back of my router and reset to default. I am unable to login to my router without the username and password. What is the
default username and password to openwrt. I have tried blank admin, blank root, admin admin, root admin. and nogo. Can someone please help. I would like to
get back in the gui so i can update the firmware back to linksys firmware.
thanks,

dallascowboysworldchamps wrote:

I have pushed the reset button on the back of my router and reset to default. I am unable to login to my router without the username and password. What is the
default username and password to openwrt. I have tried blank admin, blank root, admin admin, root admin. and nogo. Can someone please help. I would like to
get back in the gui so i can update the firmware back to linksys firmware.
thanks,

Simply telnet and login with username =  root   (without password), then use the command    passwd    to change the default root's password and enable (automatically)  ssh.

That's all.

Hello.I have a similar problem and all day i try to fix it but i can't.I have Router Buffalo WHR-54GS with OpenWrt version White Russian 0.9
I forgot the password and now i can't log on to my router page. I try to restart the router using a button on it, but in setup guide i read, when i press the button for 3 seconds my router shoud restart ,but he didn't.
I listen michelinok76  and try Username: root Password : blank.. and many others like blank admin, blank root, admin admin, root admin, telnet root ,root telnet But i can't log on.
What is the problem and how can i fix it?

(Last edited by demony on 12 May 2009, 15:51)

Sorry I never found an answer. I just finally rememmbered my password and was able to get back in.

okey but how can i reset the router firmware to original now ? i don't want to trow the router in trash sad

Your suppose to be able to reset it by presssing the reset button on the back for about 30 seconds. then turn it off and turn it back on.

I try this way but the firmware is still the same openwrt

Dont know what to tell you then

The discussion might have continued from here.