OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Adding antena to Asus 500gp

The content of this topic has been archived on 1 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,
Has anybody tried to add more antennas to a Asus 500gp ?

The AP mode for 802.11n should be "soon" ready so I'm thinking about buying a 802.11n miniPCI. Since 802.11n uses the MIMO technology, it needs several antennas. So I was wandering if anyone has already done this hack.  Technically, it us just a matter of drilling the holes into the box cos the miniPCI cards already have pigtails connectors but I'd like to do it properly wink

Thanks
TEx

(Last edited by Tex-Twil on 11 Aug 2008, 16:28)

I've successfully added the second antenna. As you say, it's easy. Just open the case and drill a 6mm hole next to the power connector, buy a pigtail and you're done. You'll lose warranty, but I suppose you already know this :-)
I made some photos: http://89.248.241.82/index.php?entry=entry090120-154304 and click on "Cti dal...:" to see them. The blog post is in czech...

Cool thanks. BTW I do speak czech as well wink The thing is that I now use the Apple Airport Express as access point bridged to my openwrt so I don't need anymore the 802.11n on it.

cauky,
Tex

The discussion might have continued from here.