OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Bluez and OpenWRT experimental [success]

The content of this topic has been archived between 5 Apr 2018 and 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, people!
I'm using the same Broadcom MIPS hardware+Linux 2.4, as you do, and want to activate bluetooth (bluez modules) on it.
I had some problems with an activation of the bluez-2.24 (library and utils). Bluetooth's dongle is detected as USB device (I see it in /proc/bus/usb/devices), but hciconfig fails on talking with it.
I believe that if the same stuff is working good in OpenWRT, so if I'll upload bluez packages that you use, I should also succeed.
But there is one problem. I don't see, how can I use your IPKGs on my  board.
May someone help my to open and configure it or, even better, to put all modules in regular (objects) form, so I could just upload them to the board and then "insmoding" them?
Excuse my naivety.
Thanks in advance.

dubrick wrote:

I believe that if the same stuff is working good in OpenWRT, so if I'll upload bluez packages that you use, I should also succeed.
Excuse my naivety.

Yes, naive to believe so

dubrick wrote:

But there is one problem. I don't see, how can I use your IPKGs on my  board.

Just ungzip, untar and inspect data.tar.gz

Pardon me, can anyone please point me to the source code of this bluez?

I have problem with my BT on my Asus WL-500gx with RC4 :
When i do rfcomm connect 1 macadress 1
i have this return :
Connected /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/1 to xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx on channel 1
Press CTRL-C for hangup
Disconnected

Any one know why ?

(Last edited by SeDkY on 21 Mar 2006, 22:14)

I get the errorcode "Can't connect RFCOMM socket: No route to host". What can i do, to make it woking?

(Last edited by PsychoMantis on 4 Apr 2006, 21:18)

I all, i'm porting an application that allow to push obex objects: ussp-push

But i need libopenobex library in linking,  and i can't build it, someone have built it?

Thank's a lot, Pedro

(Last edited by pedro83 on 2 May 2006, 20:47)

I tried to build it, 1.2 builds fine when run with --disable-usb (otherwise it would complain about libusb). I just tried to compile it, I don't know whether it really works!

greetings,
andy

I'm using obex push from openobex sources. It's long time since I compiled it but IMHO it was easy to port. Unfortunatelly I was too lazy to make an ipkg.
If somebody interested I can dig it out and finish package dir for buildroot. Some obex push definetely should be available for OpenWrt.

I don't need all the ipkg, only need libopenobex for linking.
Someone can publish this library, please?

Thank'a a lot at all.

Here is the binary:
http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~kread/libopenobex.so.1.2.0

samot: I have big problems with bluetooth devices on an ASUS wl500g Premium (with uhci). I am also transferring data via obex with the help of openobex, but not using ussp_push. After a few transfer cycles, the devices go down. This might be accompanied by this kernel message:
Jun 10 17:11:49 192.168.32.111 kernel: hci_cmd_task: hci0 command tx timeout
Jun 10 17:11:49 192.168.32.111 kernel: hci_usb_rx_complete: hci0 corrupted packet: type 4 count 1

But most of the time I don't get any messages from the kernel. hcid reports the device going down, and when I try to bring them up again with either hciconfig or with an ioctl, I just get a timeout as in:

root@styx:~# hciconfig hci1 up
Can't init device hci1: Connection timed out (145)

I tried with my own binaries from an up-to-date RC5 build, and also with markushx's packages. I'll try RC4 next, and then finally Kamikaze (I don't have a serial cable and only one router, so I'm a bit wary wink ).

Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

vortex wrote:

Hi,

I have working openobex-1.3 obexftp-0.20 & ussp-push-0.9 package definitions here (be gentle, they're my first attempt to port)

http://media.free2air.net/pub/openwrt/draft-package/

and binary packages (together with bluez-libs & bluez-utils) here

http://media.free2air.net/pub/openwrt/O … /packages/

the binary packages have been tested to work on ASUS wl500g under whiterussian RC5.

hopes this is of use.

shine,

.vortex

Will this also work on the Wl500g premium?

ewobbuh wrote:

(via email) i have downloaded your packages and they installed with a prob on a ASUS wl500g Premium. But when i try to push an object with ussp-push it hangs, nothing is happening. It comes to name=blabla.jpg size=4000 and then nothing.

Have you got any idea what the prob is?

- Are the bluetooth modules loaded and does your BT adapter look active from the leds and can you sdptool browse?
- Have you tried -v for verbose debugging output?
- Have you read log file entries and/or dmesg?
- Can you quote the command line you are running?

.vortex

ewobbuh wrote:
vortex wrote:
ewobbuh wrote:

(via email) i have downloaded your packages and they installed with a prob on a ASUS wl500g Premium. But when i try to push an object with ussp-push it hangs, nothing is happening. It comes to name=blabla.jpg size=4000 and then nothing.

Have you got any idea what the prob is?

- Are the bluetooth modules loaded and does your BT adapter look active from the leds and can you sdptool browse?
- Have you tried -v for verbose debugging output?
- Have you read log file entries and/or dmesg?
- Can you quote the command line you are running?

.vortex

It's already fixed smile

it wasn't the 'fault' of ussp-push or openobex, somehow the pushing of a file of my usb2.0 stick didn't work. With a 1.1 is does. Thanks anyway smile

(sent by ewobbuh via email)

I have a question, i m trying to send a file to multiple phones that are in range. Can i send them all at once with ussp-push? I know that bluetooth can have 7 slaves, so in theorie i can send the file to 7 different phones at the same time. I googled alot but cant find anyone trying the same thing.

I m using the ports of vortex on my Asus WL500gP.

You can use hcitool  & sdptool to discover devices and their capabilities respectively.

You can then script (shell/perl) multiple background invocations of ussp-push.

YMMV with limitations of bandwidth, etc. but it should work.

It would be polite to also log which phone you have already sent the file to stop bugging people and their phones repeatedly.

Ah, welcome to the world of bluetooth spam. :-)

I have got i all working, just the part of sending to multiple phones at the same time.. i keep a log of anyone accepts it or refused it.. i ll try later your suggestion.. have only got 1 mobile here.. the other one is soon to arrive.. i hope smile

i ll keep you updated

(Last edited by ewobbuh on 17 Oct 2006, 12:51)

Not working for me what you suggested or i am doing something wrong..

the code it tried:

ussp-push XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX@3 ./bluetooth.jpg bl.jpg&
ussp-push XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX@9 ./bluetooth.jpg bl2.jpg&

it didn't work, it offers it to the first one, but second gets nothing or its saying device or resource busy

help me? smile

->>

never mind, it works.. just put a sleep 1 between them, otherwise the dongle cant coop with it.. i have to test in a other enviroment but the idea works.. smile

>>-

(Last edited by ewobbuh on 17 Oct 2006, 14:04)

If i run multiple ussp-push's sometime is does work, and sometimes it doesn't. The sending of a file 'hangs' and doesn't go any further. Also there is no error or something so i can wait all day without anything actually happingen..

any solutions?

(Last edited by ewobbuh on 14 Nov 2006, 09:08)

Anyone?

There was almost no openwrt documentation for bluetooth support beside this forum thread and few blog posts here and there so I decided o start a new wiki page:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/usb.bluetooth

Please join in and help create better documentation that would be realy valuable to lots of people.

Thanks for sharing. I need them a lot!

The discussion might have continued from here.