OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: AR7 with ADM6996

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi, ive got a question
does the ar7 support VLAN options for the built in ADM6996 switch?
ive found a driver in make kernel_menuconfig, but i dont see to be able to set vlans for the switchport by doing "switch config" in etc/config/network is there a possibility to do that? and if not, where should i start if i wanted to develop a port for the switch control to ar7?

best regards

Freundschaft

I wouldn't run OpenWrt on the AR7 platform at all. If you have a AVM Fritzbox try Freetz (http://www.freetz.org/)

Freundschaft wrote:

where should i start if i wanted to develop a port for the switch control to ar7?

There's already one being developed for the 2.6 kernel in general (not just ar7).  Check the trunk out and look in target/linux/generic-2.6/files/drivers/net/phy and target/linux/generic-2.6/patches-2.6.26/620-phy_adm6996.patch.  I'm sure if you're up on driver development and kernel hacking NBD could use some help, but otherwise you'll probably just have to wait until he's done.

ah ok great, i was looking for just something like that, thanks

The discussion might have continued from here.