OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Mysql server running on Operwrt

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello everyone,

just curious, did anyone tried to make/compile mysql server .ipk package for wrt54g(s). It would be advantageous if using external Ethernet hard drive.

Thanks,

Andriy.

at this time wrtg54(s) not supporting MySql,  but you may dowonload Oracle and run it.

wireless

Isn't Oracle a *bit* too big?

If you're looking for db ON the wrt, I think sqlite is your only answer at the moment.

<Insert discussion of embedded devices limited RAM, storage, etc. resources here>

Thank you for your reply,

ORACLE is HUUUUGE ! :-)
Is sqlite already compiled for MIPS architecture in the way we can install it. Where can we get it? OR how we make it compiled for WRT. Thanks, it would be a great project to make a box much more powerfull.
Imagine: Chillispot+Freeradius+AAA using sql in one box ! Btw is there any way to do using freeradius AAA without sql ?

Andriy.

Florian's kindly packaged it for us..

http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/tracker/p … hp?id=1733

A comprehensive and updated list of packages available are listed at this site. Make it your friend! It's definitely become mine. wink
http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/tracker/packages/

Some slight modifications may be required.. You can use the URL or edit the ipkg source list to search this and other repositories. This is helpful if you'd like to have the latest versions of packages automatically installed. I forget the specifics at the moment, but there is plenty of documentation for in various howtos in the wiki.

Thank you so much jeff, I will try and let everyone know.

Andriy.

I am wonderring do it is possible just to install chillispot and Freeradius in OpenWRT
And SQL and Web server using Uniform Server Package for Windows, which are includedApache 2.0, Active Perl 5.8, PHP5.0, MySQL 4.0 and phpMyAdmin 2.6

In this case we no need dedicated PC just for running LINUX !

Please advice
TuanND from VIETNAM

I have successfully install mysql-server on OpenWRT, it taka 85% memory.... (internal memory 29M, and I add 32M swap from my SD Card). I did not test the CPU usage when it busy, because it take 0-3% when idle. hmm.. Take high CPU Usage (about 80% at IO) when I execute mysql_install_db

The discussion might have continued from here.