OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: How to set LegacyB mode?

The content of this topic has been archived on 5 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I want to set my radio to B-only mode.

However when I use "wl gmode" commands I get errors.

root# wl gmode LegacyB
wl: Associated
root# wl gmode 0
wl: Associated

What is the right way in Kamikaze 7.09 to set LegacyB?
I am using the brcm 2.4 image.

(Last edited by vincentfox on 9 Mar 2008, 05:07)

i'm in the same situation. tried to set it with wifi down, still no go.

I feel terrible bumping this thread.  Yet here I am.  Anyone? Anyone?

ok here is how I do it
in /lib/wifi/broadcom.sh

go to line 221, it looks like this:

killall -KILL nas >&- 2>&-
        wlc stdin <<EOF

and make it look like this:
        killall -KILL nas >&- 2>&-
        wl gmode 0
        wlc stdin <<EOF

And that's it. So basically it sets the mode before all other things and before it brings up the interface and associates to anything.

But that's a really ugly way to do it. I needed it to work and fast and that's the quickest way of doing it. And the ugliest. Someone should modify that script to read agmode directive from /etc/config/wireless as it should.

(Last edited by posix on 29 Mar 2008, 14:12)

Posix,

I have 2 WRT I used for point-to-point link and wanted to lock them to 802.11B only.

This seems to work very well.  I did not know this is something you cannot change later on.

Thanks so much.

The problem with broadcom is that you cannot change modes once it has associated to another wireless node. With atheros you can but not with broadcom. That's why you have to do it BEFORE it has associated to something, and the only place to do it is in the initialisation step before the interface is brought up. Glad it helped!

The discussion might have continued from here.