OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Atheros AR7100

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Mar 2018 and 1 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

have tried as well

kmod-mmc
and
kmod-mmc-over-gpio

and nothing .......

try a different brand/size of card. I recall reading that some cards don't work.

i'll try that ..... but please note it's not the card not being recognized .... i cant even see a single message regarding the card reader being recognized, so i dont think a smaller card will help.

if i was seeing messages of the reader/slot being loaded, that would be different ...

anyway, i'll try to find a smaller (1Gb) MicroSD card and try with that.

Thanks for the tip.

Sorry, the microSD slot on the RB-493AH is not yet supported under OpenWrt. The slot shares the AR71xx's SPI bus with the NAND and with the NOR flash, and the linux mmc_spi driver does not work with a shared SPI bus currently.

Regards,
Gabor

wow ... very bad to hear that .... sad

is there anything i can do for help getting this supported, Gabor ?

Anyone got sensors working on AR7100 (RB 433AH)?

juhosg wrote:

Sorry, the microSD slot on the RB-493AH is not yet supported under OpenWrt. The slot shares the AR71xx's SPI bus with the NAND and with the NOR flash, and the linux mmc_spi driver does not work with a shared SPI bus currently.

Regards,
Gabor

Whoops... so that's why I couldn't tinker it into functioning. I share leonardo's concern. Does anyone know if the required particular mmc_spi driver patch is under development?

The RB433AH will slowly but surely replace my RB532A's. But I need the microSD slot functioning for a particular functional requirement...

Hello Guys,

Any news on a mmc_spi driver that supports MicroSD slot on RB433AH ? I'm really interested on this feature and i'm even thinking of helping with some sponsorship for someone who's working on that.

leonardogyn wrote:

Any news on a mmc_spi driver that supports MicroSD slot on RB433AH ? I'm really interested on this feature and i'm even thinking of helping with some sponsorship for someone who's working on that.

The last activity i see is october:
http://www.mail-archive.com/spi-devel-g … 01530.html

I suggest you post on the spi-devel-general list and make some noise wink

So, I just sent in some patches to get the MicroSD on the 433AH working in Linux in general (our OS isn't based on openwrt)... I don't know how long it will be till they are integrated, but the code does now exist.

andrewm wrote:

So, I just sent in some patches to get the MicroSD on the 433AH working in Linux in general (our OS isn't based on openwrt)... I don't know how long it will be till they are integrated, but the code does now exist.

is there any chance of sending me the patches so i could try to apply them and get them working ???

This thread mentions the RB450 but I can't find any instructions anywhere to get OpenWrt working on the 450. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

l337ing disorder wrote:

This thread mentions the RB450 but I can't find any instructions anywhere to get OpenWrt working on the 450. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

check the very first post on this other thread

http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=17501

it should be a good start point

(Last edited by leonardogyn on 17 Jan 2009, 12:15)

Many thanks! I read that thread too but it starts with what looks like a clear how-to and then talks about all kinds of patches and conflicting patches and all kinds of scary stuff. wink I was hoping for something that was sort of a complete guide without any conflicting patches or something like that.

l337ing disorder wrote:

Many thanks! I read that thread too but it starts with what looks like a clear how-to and then talks about all kinds of patches and conflicting patches and all kinds of scary stuff. wink I was hoping for something that was sort of a complete guide without any conflicting patches or something like that.

follow the very first post on the thread i mentioned. Dont forget you're reading threads that were used when support for RB450 was being developed, so there's a lot of patches, trials and fails.

with the current trunk, there's basically just ONE feature that you'll need manual patching if you need it, which is the VLAN support which enables you to have 5 network interfaces on RB450. With the vanilla trunk, you'll have only 2 network interfaces, one interface uses one ethernet port and the other interface uses 4 ethernet ports, like a mini-4-port switch.

if you dont need 5 real network interfaces, forget about manual patching, just grab OpenWRT according to the instructions on the very first post of the thread i mentioned and be happy !

if you need 5 real network interfaces ....... hmmmm ..... then you'll have to suffer a little more big_smile

Awesome, thanks for the clarification! That definitely inspires a little more confidence.

I do need 5 interfaces with separate configurations (one DMZ, two WAN uplinks for failover and load balancing, and two general-purpose LAN interfaces) so I'll have to hunt down the manual patches for the VLAN stuff.

leonardogyn wrote:
andrewm wrote:

is there any chance of sending me the patches so i could try to apply them and get them working ???

Hi Leonardo, I'm interested in this as well. Did you get any experimental code?

rbiz wrote:

Hi Leonardo, I'm interested in this as well. Did you get any experimental code?

yes, andrewm sent me the patches that should enable MicroSD slot on RB433AH .... but i didnt have time to try them.

leave me your email (can be as private message) and i'll forward patches andrewm sent me.

Anyone got problems with RB433AH running 3 miniPCI Ath cards?

I was running the board with kamikaze 8.09 RC1 for a month (maybe more) with 1 wireless card installed. Everything working perfectly.
Yesterday I installed additional 2 cards (3 total now) and on all 3 cards I have a very weak and unstable wireless signal.
If I do a DISABLE = 1 in /etc/config/wireless ... the one card works OK again. But if more cards are UP ... I can't conenct to anything.
Signal drops from -59dBm to ... between -78 and -86 dBm.

The "power save" of the RB mode is disabled.

i'm not running wireless cards on my RB433AH .... i'm afraid i cannot help you on that.

I had trouble with DCMA-82 cards on some RB433: they apparenly draw too much power when they are enabled. maybe you have a weak power supply or very demanding cards?

What do you recommend? CM9 cards? Was looking forward to using 2 regular cards and 1 high-power for a long link.
Will buy some CM9 and try it out.

I went with Ubiquity.  They are too big however to fit three in a RB433.

If you absolutely need three cards in one board I would get the (shudder) mikrotik R52/R52H cards, which I think are rebranded compex, make sure they work in the RB433 with mikrotik routeros and then try with kamikaze.  That way if the cards don't work with routeros you can take it up with mikrotik and if they do then you'll know it is a kamikaze problem.

I had only heard good things about the DCMA-82 except until I tried it on RB433.  Note they work on some RB433 and don't work on others. Haven't heard many kind words about compex or mikrotik cards.

I'm using two Mikrotik R52s in a RB493AH and they ran great with RouterOS and they're very stable with Kamikaze trunk. Of course I don't know how 3 would work.

how can it set up a rb411 or 433 ah the stream all data form serial port to sql server?