OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: OpeWRT - Netgear WGR614L

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Has anyone checked this at http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … 577#151577? I am reposting this message here. Wanted to know if there is a bcm5354 openwrt port available that can be used with Netgear WGR614L?

Thanks,
--wrthack

DD-WRT supports the bcm5354 based routers, but not sure if it already supports the netgear WGR614L open source router. Can anyone through some ideas here?

WGR614L has community around it at http://www.myopenrouter.com and you may be able to get some answers on this there too.

Here is what I can find out about WGR614L at here.

"A new router platform WGR614L is coming soon and what got me excited is that this new platform is well suited for many excellent community developed firmwares like like OpenWRT, Sveasoft, DD-WRT, Tomato. This Broadcom 5354 SoC based router has 4MB flash and 16MB SDRAM - good enough to run most of these popular firmwares. In fact most of the firmwares that runs on Linksys WRT54GL should be easily (relatively speaking) portable to WGR614L."

DD-WRT supports the bcm5354 chipsets - but not sure if the firmware can be run on this rotuer unmodified.

The also have a alpha version of Tomato firmware available here.

It should be relatively easy to add support for it, given one has the hardware. Patches are welcomed.

Could you/others give me some direction on how can we add the support for this router - or which is right forum/channel for getting such development support? Are there already any work done on the bcm5354 platforms?

I am interested in this one primarily because it is good $20 cheaper than the WRT54GL and is available from newegg and most other online sellers. I don't know if it is available out side USA though..

--wrthack

I move the topic to the Kamikaze forum part. For porting, I would recommend using serial console in the beginning.

The discussion might have continued from here.