OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Please help - wl500gp

The content of this topic has been archived on 4 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I got this router and my aom now is to install if possible Kai on it so that I can use my PSP (not xbox)

is it possible ? someone has it working with a PSP ?

I tested out dd-wrt latest firmware yesterday but even if it has KAID installed its only for xbox and not for PSP and the only firmware and source I found was AYMAN`s modified ddwrt firmware for PSP which in such case is not good for my ASUS router

Can someone please help ?

most probably that is for xbox and not for psp....

Since I am new to Linux do you think Openwrt is good for me and for my router ?

Which version should I try ?

At the moment I have dd-wrt but to be perfectly honest as firmware is very much unstable and forum very unhelpful...

Before I had Oleg which was much more stable than dd-wrt...

any suggestions please ?

from http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

XLink Kai: Evolution VII is the third and final application in the XLink series of console tunnelling applications. Whereas in previous versions, online support was only available for XBox users, PlayStation2, Gamecube and PSP owners can now join in on the fun.

and there is only one package for all, so i guess it should work for the psp to.
but i don´t think that there is a webinterface or something like that, so you need to run a ui somewhere else. there is a ncurses-interface which you should be able to through ssh on the router, or you use another gui.
I not sure if there is a GUI to run on the psp, but you should try running the daemon in your router and connect with a ui from your windows-, linux-workstation, or whatever you use. so it should be the right application but you will need to configure it to run with the psp.

and I think if you don´t get a image in which it´s working out of the box, than openwrt would be your best chance to get it up and running.
you have a writeable filesystem, plenty of flash-memory left and there are a lots of packages available, and it´s very stable.

you just need to copy the kaidpackage to the router, edit the configfile and start the binary. then you can connect with a ui from a remote-computer, or the psp (if there is ui for it) and configure it.

I don´t use it, but it seems like the ui and the daemon is separated just fine, so there shouldn´t be any problem to run it on a router.

The discussion might have continued from here.