OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Openwrt on Arcom Vulcan ixp425 board ... interface statistics

The content of this topic has been archived on 19 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Good day all;

I'm preparing a series of patches for OpenWRT support for the Vulcan. 
   I'll post the patches as soon as I resolve a problem retrieving extended NIC statistics.

With my current setup, the extended NIC statistics are not available via ethtool.
  Does anyone using openwrt on an ixp4xx have extended interface statistics available ?

Jonothan

What ethernet driver are you using? We don't use Intel's driver, and the current free driver in svn will be replaced as well, soon.

Hi Kaloz;

I'm using the ixp4xx_mac drivers that are currently in the openwrt svn.    (Driver version 3.0.1 if I recall correctly; don't have the code in front of me at the moment )
I've got to get the extended ethernet statistics functioning for a project that I'm working on. 

You say that the driver in svn will be replaced soon.   How soon ?  and can I give a hand working on the replacement ?

I'll be preparing  Arcom Vulcan board patches for submission over the Christmas break.

Jonothan

I'll try to clena up and publish my local tree during this week... Already promised it to quite some people smile I'll post here the location, too.

Hi Guys,
How's this coming along, I'm quite interested in it!
Cheers

Hey  GregF;

I Think Kaloz put got new driver material into the SVN repository.
  For the Vulcan board stuff I'm finishing off the Image generation patch. 
  Currently I manually generate the image.  The patch will automate it.

I'll test the Vulcan board stuff today and try to get the patches someone
   with SVN commit privileges on Sunday.

Cheers

Thanks JonothanKane (I'm keen to play with it)..

The discussion might have continued from here.