OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Airlive wmu-6500fs possible with Kamikaze or white russian????

The content of this topic has been archived on 31 Mar 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello,

I've bought an airlive wmu-6500fs wireless network storage.  Hardware included Amrisc 20000 - R3210GCL3H-0617-D-LQ, 4MB Flash, 32 MB SDRAM, ITE IT8211F IDE CTL and WLAN RT2561 Module.

Can I use the kamikaze software on this system??

Thanks,

Jef

merc_slk wrote:

I've bought an airlive wmu-6500fs wireless network storage.  Hardware included Amrisc 20000 - R3210GCL3H-0617-D-LQ, 4MB Flash, 32 MB SDRAM, ITE IT8211F IDE CTL and WLAN RT2561 Module.

Can I use the kamikaze software on this system??

Oi dude, I'm in the same boat. I got stung too: those AirLive dudes are a bunch of utter incompetents. 'Been wrestling w/them for a good while now. Still waiting for a firmware that would render the unit functional. The latest release (R4.00b2) is unbelievably bad, esp. if used w/Vista 64. So bad that even the Airlive team of "experts" realized that, and withdrew it from their website.

I'd give my left nut to be able to install one of these Linux distros for embedded devices, whatever that may be. I'm sick and tired of any firmware of Airlive inspiration. Too bad though, that my Linux background is minimal-to-nonexistent.

Someone please help!

hi!

there is some information on macsat.com [0],  although  there is only the wmu-6000 from airlive listed. i'm working at the moment with the connectec MGB100 and openwrt on it, got all informations from macsat's wiki and forum. 
fast howto: installed a newer firmware (b7), then schuftis image with autoboot enabled, and then paganos autobootimage  first on a usb stick and now on the harddisk. i'm compiling kernel modules with schuftis toolchain/source and other packages via openwrt.

bye...masc.

[0] http://www.macsat.com/macsat/component/ … Itemid,66/

masc wrote:

hi!

there is some information on macsat.com [0],  although  there is only the wmu-6000 from airlive listed. i'm working at the moment with the connectec MGB100 and openwrt on it, got all informations from macsat's wiki and forum. 
fast howto: installed a newer firmware (b7), then schuftis image with autoboot enabled, and then paganos autobootimage  first on a usb stick and now on the harddisk. i'm compiling kernel modules with schuftis toolchain/source and other packages via openwrt.

bye...masc.

Thanks, I've been scouring the macsat forums for a few days now. Best thing I got is JoKeR's firmware, based on Airlive's latest R4.00b2, though haven't tried it yet. Better than nothing. Go here: http://www.macsat.com/macsat/component/ … pic,731.0/

Cheers

I was going over R3210's datasheet (http://www.rdc.com.tw/Uploads/datasheet … 061121.pdf), and noticed it supports Windows. Here's a wild thought: why not install Windows Embedded CE? (Or is that a stupid question? smile )

(Last edited by Aqualung on 2 Apr 2008, 20:27)

The discussion might have continued from here.