OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: atheros a/b/g unit to work on b/g-only, how?

The content of this topic has been archived on 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am trying to set my WHR-HP-AG108 to use b/g mode on ath0 but I'm half-there. The interface seems to be up but it's not broadcasting the ssid and you cannot associate with it.

I have tried following without success (wifi1 and ath1 are fine though):

config wifi-device  wifi0
        option type     atheros
        option channel  1   #(normally this is 149 for a-only operation, I've tried 1 through 11 for bg but nothing works)
        option agmode  11bg #(normally I don't use this but it doesn't help, either)
        #option agmode 11g #(this doesn't work either)
        #neither does without agmode, using only channel 1.
config wifi-iface
        option device   wifi0
        option network  wlana
        option mode     ap
        option ssid     "test.ssid.a"

config wifi-device  wifi1
        option type     atheros
        option channel  6
config wifi-iface
        option device   wifi1
        option network  wlanb
        option mode     ap
        option ssid     "test.ssid.b"

Any input from someone experienced in madwifi and a/b/g interfaces greatly appreciated!

Let me rephrase my question -
Anyone have experience with Atheros 5312 WiSoC which contains one 5112 and one 2112 rf unit.
I have found one thread on here that discusses problems with a related device and says that this unit only has 11a on the first wireless device and b/g on second, which, according to http://www.atheros.com/pt/bulletins/AR5002AP-2X.pdf (Atheros documentation on this device), is not true. They say that the AR5112 (the first wireless device of 5312 chipset) supports frequencies 2.3-2.5 and 4.9-5.8 and AR2112 (the b/g unit) 2.3-2.5. This chipset is a dual-radio setup, not a single a/b/g that has somehow been made visible through madwifi as two separate devices.

The discussion might have continued from here.