Topic: Kamikaze 7.09 on NSLU2
http://www.slug-firmware.net/w-dls.php only has version 7.07 and I wanted to try 7.09 but I could not find any info on how to do this. I did some digging and came up with the following which seems to work. If anyone has a better approach please let me know.
1. Download 7.07 from: http://www.slug-firmware.net/w-dls.php
2. Download 7.09 versions of openwrt-ixp4xx-2.6-squashfs.img and openwrt-nslu2-2.6-zImage from: http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/7.09/ixp4xx-2.6/
3. Download slugimage.pl from: https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/s … ugimage.pl
4. Use slugimage.pl to extract the components of openwrt-nslu2-2.6-squashfs.bin:
./slugimage.pl -u -i openwrt-nslu2-2.6-squashfs.bin
5. Use slugimage.pl to put things back together with the 7.09 components:
./slugimage.pl -L apex.bin -m NPE-B -k openwrt-nslu2-2.6-zImage -r rootfs:openwrt-ixp4xx-2.6-squashfs.img -p -o kamikaze709.bin
6. Use upslug2 to flash your NSLU2 with the new bin file:
upslug2 -i kamikaze709.bin
Note: the IP address is 192.168.1.1 so if you do not have serial you will need to use a cross over cable to get into the NSLU2.