OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Where to buy a pre installed wrt platform with fedora installed?

The content of this topic has been archived on 6 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I am very capable of installing linux on one of these devices and may do so IF I have the time but working 15 hour work days gives me no time to do much of anything else so might consider buying a pre installed wrt with linux on it and asterisk and a firewall if that is a safe bet to do all three. Anyone recommend who to puchace this unit from? I like ipcop as a firewall and has worked 100% reliable for well over a year.

I have never heard of loading fedora (or any other GUI-based OS) on any kind of embedded hardware. Everything you listed can be done by openwrt, I'm not sure who sells routers with it pre-installed though, I'm sure if you send someone the hardware, and a few extra bucks, they would be willing to install and configure openwrt for you.

haryv,

I understand you work crazy hours and I am in the same boat as you. But here is the problem with what you want to do.  If something breaks what are you going to do ? Even if you purchase a router with the firmware and options of your choice that is all you are going to get. He/she isn't going to give you technical support anytime something breaks (Unless you pay that person for his/her time).  It will be a much better idea for you to do this yoruself and it will be fun.   Just my 2 cents.

Or get something commercial. You may have to pay more but you get support at anytime if you make the right arrangements...

The discussion might have continued from here.