OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Kamikaze 7.07 transparent firewall problem.

The content of this topic has been archived on 28 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

In Kamikaze 7.07 problem.

I can't load ebtables kernel modules... in Kamikaze.  so I can't configure transparent bridge firewall.
Kamikaze 7.07 Not Support transparent firewall  ?

I was build Kamikaze 7.07 in make menuconfig screen..

Package Selection
   <*> bridge - Ethernet bridging configuration utility
   <*> arptables - ARP firewall administration utility
   <*> ebtables - Ethernet bridge firewall administration utility
Kernel Configuration / Device Support  --->
   <*> ARP firewalling support
   <*> Ethernet Bridge firewalling support

But , Kamikaze 7.07 there is no kmod-ebtables kernel module ..

I read http://wiki.openwrt.org/TransparentFire … sparent%29.

I success "transparent firewall " only with "whiterussian RC5"

Help me...

I need Transparent Bridge Firewall with "Kamikaze 7.07" .

thank you.

(Last edited by ipiranha on 29 Sep 2007, 14:47)

I assume you are using the 2.4 kernel?  Your right it isn't there, however, it is in the 2.6 kernel.  If you are using the 2.6 kernel it is under   Kernel modules --->  Netfilter Extensions  ---> kmod-ebtables

If you don't need any of the features ebtables supplies you can enable  bridge-nf in the 2.6 kernels to make a transparent firewall without  using ebtables. To enable it add CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER=y to kamikaze_7.07/target/linux/brcm47xx-2.6/config/default (replacing brcm47xx-2.6 with your platform).  You can then filter bridge packets with rules in the iptables FORWARD chain without using ebtables and kmod-ebtables.

Hello

If I understand, to have kmod-ebtables with kamikaze (we are in 7.09 and the package doesn't exist also), we have to compile it?

Thanks.

Its been added to trunk, if I remember correctly

What is trunk?

It's a version quich is compiled each day?

So we can have some bugs?

Thanks.

Hi,
Just wanted to know if anyone's figured this out? I built and installed the newest 2.6 kamikaze via svn and also selected ebtables but it won't run properly. I always get the error "This kernel doesn't support the ebtables 'filter' table".
Insmod ebtables also doesn't work.
Is there a way to get ebtables to work properly? If so, how?
Thanks a lot.

What packages did you select?

Did you get kmod-ebtables and ebtables?

I selected ebtables to be compiled into the kernel and kmod-ebtables as a module.
Confused smile

Ha! Ok, all I needed to do was compile the kmod-ebtables and the ebtables thingie into the kernel. Works now.
All that's left is to get wireless working big_smile

The discussion might have continued from here.