OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Support for Marvell 88F5xx81 based routers

The content of this topic has been archived between 18 Jan 2014 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

Yeah, I'm just going to try to fumble through the cross compiler steps and see if I get lucky. The biggest thing is to find the CodeSourcery library that I need, seems 32bit isn't offerred anymore and I'm bombing out on the make.

Can't get jffs2 to build....

/tools/CSLQ32005/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -DMV_88F5181L -DRD_88F5181L_GE -DRD_DB_88F5181L -g  -Os   -fno-strict-aliasing  -fno-common -ffixed-r8 -msoft-float -D__KERNEL__ -DTEXT_BASE=0x00f10000 -I/tmp/u-boot/include -fno-builtin -ffreestanding -nostdinc -isystem /tools/CSLQ32005/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/include -pipe  -DCONFIG_ARM -D__ARM__ -march=armv5t -g  -Os   -fno-strict-aliasing  -fno-common -ffixed-r8 -msoft-float -D__KERNEL__ -DTEXT_BASE=0x00f10000 -I/tmp/u-boot/include -fno-builtin -ffreestanding -nostdinc -isystem /tools/CSLQ32005/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/include -pipe  -DCONFIG_ARM -D__ARM__ -march=armv5t -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -c -o compr_rtime.o compr_rtime.c
/tools/CSLQ32005/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -DMV_88F5181L -DRD_88F5181L_GE -DRD_DB_88F5181L -g  -Os   -fno-strict-aliasing  -fno-common -ffixed-r8 -msoft-float -D__KERNEL__ -DTEXT_BASE=0x00f10000 -I/tmp/u-boot/include -fno-builtin -ffreestanding -nostdinc -isystem /tools/CSLQ32005/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/include -pipe  -DCONFIG_ARM -D__ARM__ -march=armv5t -g  -Os   -fno-strict-aliasing  -fno-common -ffixed-r8 -msoft-float -D__KERNEL__ -DTEXT_BASE=0x00f10000 -I/tmp/u-boot/include -fno-builtin -ffreestanding -nostdinc -isystem /tools/CSLQ32005/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/include -pipe  -DCONFIG_ARM -D__ARM__ -march=armv5t -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -c -o compr_rubin.o compr_rubin.c
compr_rubin.c: In function 'rubin_do_decompress':
compr_rubin.c:51:24: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
  register char *curr = page_out;
                        ^
compr_rubin.c:52:14: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
  char *end = page_out + destlen;
              ^
compr_rubin.c:89:15: error: lvalue required as increment operand
      temp = *(++((u32 *) in));
               ^
/tmp/u-boot/config.mk:175: recipe for target 'compr_rubin.o' failed
make[1]: *** [compr_rubin.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/u-boot/fs/jffs2'
Makefile:161: recipe for target 'fs/jffs2/libjffs2.a' failed
make: *** [fs/jffs2/libjffs2.a] Error 2

(Last edited by khelben on 30 Mar 2016, 00:24)

Hello
  I have a WRT350n v2 that i'm not using because of the following issue with the Linksys Firmware 2.00.10 , 2.00.17 and 2.00.19
when another computer on the network starts watching videos like on youtube but also and other video websites my ping in games jumps from 30-40ms to 100-200ms with tons of packet drops.Using WRT54GL and WRT150N with any firmware (right now Tomato) doesn't show any behaviour like this.
So in basic i'm not using it and i'm thinking that OpenWRT is the last resort before i throw it in the trash.
Which firmware for webupdate from stock Linksys will you recommend me and please with link to the actual img file cause i'm loosing my self here
  I spoted /backfire/10.03.1/orion/ but there is also /attitude_adjustment/12.09/orion/generic/ and i'm wondering which one has the Wi-Fi working correctly cause i've read that Backfire 10.03 has some wi-fi issues.
Thank you for you help.

@dark_
AA, it is most stable.
Someone else here built a test version of CC.
I have a 4.1.19 kernel for Debian Jessia, but it is necessary to increase the ram to 128mb.

@ValCher
So just to download
/attitude_adjustment/12.09/orion/generic/openwrt-wrt350nv2-squashfs-factory.img
and flash the router using the Linksys normal procedure Administration > Firmware Upgrade ?

@dark_
Yes, it's simple, but I urge you to be sure to have access to the serial-port router for the initial configuration and the ability to roll back to the stock, as I do not remember preinstalled WEB-inteface LuCI in OpenWRT firmware or not.
About the serial-port, look at the wiki - https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt350nv2

So i managed to flash the WRT350N v2 without any problems from Linksys 2.00.19 to
OpenWRT using attitude_adjustment/12.09/orion/generic/openwrt-wrt350nv2-squashfs-factory.img
It has Web GUI so nothing special easy flash for noob like me.
  Now the routing works like a charm and the problems that i had with the Linksys stock firmwares
are non existend BUT....but the Wi-Fi is total crap.
  With the original Linksys 2.00.19 using an IBM T60 Notebook with Intel 3x3 wifi adapter (without the 3rd antenna installed but one day i will)
from close distance with 40Mhz wide channel i was able to get around 100/110Mb actual data downlink speed and around 160/170Mb (20-21MB/s) uplink speed
the difference comes from the Linksys WRT350N v2 being 2x3 (2 transmiting 3 recieving antenas) device.
  With the OpenWRT the downlink is very unstable and sometimes dropping , jumping betwen 4Mb/s and 51-52Mb/s mostly being around 10-15Mb/s the uplink is toping at the shy 10Mb/s
no matter channel , no matter channel width (20MHz or 40MHz) no matter physical distance or distance set in the router or any other parameter i clicked
in the last 3 hours.My phone is downloading with the shy 200-300KB/s big_smile

Such a good hardware such missmanagment from Linksys it is just a shame that there is not properly working Firmware for this nice piece of hardware.
If someone is aware of a properly working firmware please share i was only unable to test Linksys 2.00.20 since i can't find the img file.

The discussion might have continued from here.