OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linux UVC driver for Kamikaze or White Russian?

The content of this topic has been archived on 30 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello all,

I just purchased a WRTSL54S and a Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 to setup video streaming, etc.

According to this I need to install a Linux UVC driver in order to get this camera to work. But under White Russian RC6 or Kamikaze 7.07 I can't find the necessary driver via ipkg. Upon closer inspection of the aforementioned page it seems this module is available for Kamikaze releases greater than 7.07 (a developer release I'm guessing?):

The modules are available to Kamikaze > 7.07 and can be installed with ipkg

Until this module is made available in a public release does anyone know how I can setup a UVC camera?

A patch for linux-uvc modules is referenced here but I don't know how to go about installing this on my own. Can someone give me pointers on how to do this?

Thanks!
Joe

Got it working!

Install Kamikaze 7.07 with 2.6 Kernel.

ipkg install kmod-usb-core
ipkg install kmod-usb2
ipkg install http://naaa.de/programme/uvc_streamer/o … mipsel.ipk
ipkg install uvc-streamer

<plug in camera>

cp /etc/init.d/httpd /etc/init.d/uvc
vi /etc/init.d/uvc
<edit start and stop commands, (uvc_stream -b -d /dev/video0 -f 5)
/etc/init.d/uvc enable

<connect to IP:8080>

Very cool! Next is to see if I can get motion to do anything.

has anyone compiled this for 2.4? 2.6 is extremely unstable on the SL54GS for me.

I believe it will only work on the 2.6 Kernel as that's what it was written for, support for the 2.4 Kernel would need to be written by the developers.
I could be wrong though.

I have found it is fairly stable on OpenWRT 7.07, me and a few friends have knocked up a webpage for support with the Logitech Orbit with Pan/Tilt control with the SVN version of Motion on UVC, so far so good (It's not without its bugs though). I am very grateful for the person at naaa.de for compiling the UVC module for OpenWRT big_smile

-Rip

The discussion might have continued from here.