OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Airlink AR680

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Is anyone actively working on the AR680? 

I wanted to find out how far others have gotten on a port for AR680. 

I have just started..... I've got the console port working and I've obtained the GPL source from airlink. The unchanged airlink source compiles but I haven't installed the binary yet.

Where did you get the source? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Also, do the chips on your board line up with the specs on the TOH page? I can't verify if the Ralink processor on my board is the one described on the page.

I'd be interested in seeing openwrt on this platform as well.

>>Where did you get the source? I can't seem to find it on their website
I requested the GPL source and they posted it here:
  ftp.airlink101.com
  Username: customer@airlinkplus.com
  Password: QWE814
  The only file available is what you are looking for: ar680w_v1.00_gpl.070802.tgz

>>Also, do the chips on your board line up with the specs on the TOH page? I can't verify if the Ralink >>processor on my board is the one described on the page.
The chips on my board did look the same.  I verified many numbers, but not all of them.

I've begun trying to port the kernel changes to the kamikaze buildroot, but I've run into a snag:
In ar680w/kernels/5vt13xx/arch/arm/mach-fv13xx there are six binary-only files that are compiled into the kernel. I can't find the source for any of the 6, so it might be a violation of the GPL license (as if that matters).

Anyway, I'm not sure where to progress beyond this.

Jeff

Hmmm Missing src.  I guess they must not be GPL, so they didn't include them.  I've been pretty busy, but will take a look as time permits...

I've successfully booted using the generated tftp image, and I'm trying to mix and match the binary files onto the openwrt buildroot. so far no luck, but I'm still trying, with the intent of figuring out exactly what needs to be added to the kernel to boot it.

Technically, as I understand it, by  building the files into the kernel and releasing it onto the ar680w, they are legally required to publish the altered source code. As I understand it.

jeff

Ok, I've successfully built an openwrt kernel and booted it on the ar680w, though the mtd->filesystem is giving me fits, but it should be relatively easy to get openwrt fully running on this device. Once I've got it fully booted with the fs, I'll put up patches on bugzilla to be included in the buildroot.

Jeff

Has there been anymore progress on this?  Also, the username and password provided for the GPL does not seem to work anymore.  Can someone post a link for this?

Lastly, I also own the 525, 325 and an ANAS350.  I'd like to turn the ANAS350 into a radius appliance (delete the DHCP stuff and add the radius server).  Anyone know if this has been attempted on any of these devices?

I'm still working on it. Currently the fvmac.ko binary blob for the original kernel will not initialize the ethernet ports properly. I'm working on getting it to work, as well as get the specs from 5V Technologies for the cpu so I can write up a proper driver, then it's just a matter of waiting for the rt2x00 group to port their driver for the rt2680 wireless card, which is projected to be stable in v2.0. So, in other words, it's not supported as of yet.

Jeff

FYI, the ar525w is supported by the RDC branch (I've got it running on mine)

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten this working.

thx

I've been working on getting a viable driver for the onboard nic; I've got some specs and some code work done. It's not yet at alpha stage, but I'm not going to be available to write for a while. If anyone would like to help me, please pm me.

thanks jeff

There's u-boot with fvmac sourcecode included in Edimax BR-6504n GPL tarball if that's any help for developing Linux driver. U-boot fvmac driver apperas to be licensed GPL v2. Same package also includes kernel sources for those six arch files that Airlink ships in binary form.

http://www.edimax.eu/images/Image/OpenS … 4n_GPL.zip

It seems Ralink RT1310A is another name used for this CPU. So if you manage to find sources for Buffalo WZR2-G300N, Belkin F5D8231-4 ver3000 or SparkLAN WRTR-501 they might be useful. BTW. All these routers have very similar firmware headers but only Edimax is clear eg. it's just compressed using bzip2. Others use some sort of obfuscation but original bzip2 header is still easy to spot on hexdump.

(Last edited by jr on 7 May 2008, 17:29)

Any further status update? Thanks!

The factory firmware is garbage... can we get anymore work done on this? I can offer up whatever someone needs to try and get this working... let me know, as I would really like to get OpenWRT or DD-WRT or something on here besides the factory firmware.

Thanks,

spidre.com

Has there been any recent progress on this? I would really like to ditch this router's current firmware.

The discussion might have continued from here.