OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: cant create new kmod-package for kamikaze

The content of this topic has been archived on 27 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hello all,

because I didnt know a mode to spin down my external usb hdd attached to my wl500gP within kamikaze,
I write a smal tool which accomplish this task via SCSI device directives (more precise: i fitted a existing tool to work with openwrt-kernel2.4). Cause of I read a lot of threads, where people requested this feature for openwrt and couldnt find a solution as well, I want build a package, and here my problem starts:

This prog needs sg.o kernelmodule already compiled in my kamikaze standard build (brcm2.4), but not exported as a ipkg
package.
I modified my package/kernel/modules/block.mk to reflect my demand:

define KernelPackage/scsi-generic
  TITLE:=SCSI generic device driver (sg3)
  SUBMENU:=$(BLMENU)
  KCONFIG:=CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SG
  AUTOLOAD:=$(call AutoLoad,30,scsi_mod sg_mod)
  FILES:= $(LINUX_DIR)/drivers/scsi/sg_mod.$(LINUX_KMOD_SUFFIX)
  DEPENDS:=kmod-scsi-core
  DESCRIPTION:= This driver is a hardware abstract SCSI command interface implementation. \\\
  The SCSI Generic driver (sg) is one of the four "high level" SCSI device \\\
  drivers along with sd, st and sr (disk, tape and CDROM respectively). Sg \\\
  is more generalized (but lower level) than its siblings and tends to be \\\
  used on SCSI devices that don't fit into the already serviced categories. \\\
  Thus sg is used for scanners, CD writers and reading audio CDs digitally \\\
  amongst other things. For more information refer to : \\\
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SCSI-Generic-HOWTO/index.html
endef
$(eval $(call KernelPackage,scsi-generic))

so this menu point now is selectable in menuconfig (albeit only linked under a separate  doubled "BLOCK" menu )
and I select it as module and do a

make package/kernel-compile V=99
make package/kernel-install V=99

successfully, but finally there is no bin/packages/kmod-scsi-gerneric_....ipk in my bin dir !
What did I forgot, or what is going wrong ?
greets and thanks in advance

(Last edited by zmodz on 19 Aug 2007, 20:22)

I seem to be having a similar issue with the kmod-uvcvideo it just reports when I try to compile it as a single package 'uvcvideo is up to date.
I can't even find the package listed in the make menuconfig either... is this something similar happening?

cheers
Rip

If you're using a target with a 2.6 Kernel I would take a look. But I'm not interested in 2.4 Kernels anymore.

The discussion might have continued from here.