OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TOR package in OpenWrt

The content of this topic has been archived on 22 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

The TOR package in OpenWrt is quite old (0.1.1.24 in SVN, the current stable version is 0.1.2.16). I tried to update it myself, so i manually changed the version number and the md5 in the Makefile. The package gets downloaded, but configure crashes:

checking whether we need extra options to link OpenSSL... configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.

The old 0.1.1.24 package works, but I would like to use the newest version because of security fixes and the transparent proxy feature.

EDIT: I tried to compile for the Broadcom 2.4 target...

(Last edited by zocker on 15 Aug 2007, 15:02)

Nobody here who got one of the newer TOR versions to work in OpenWrt?

I updated the package to the 0.1.2.16 last night, it compiles cleanly but I haven't got a chance to test yet.  What architecture do you need it for?

(Last edited by Bartman007 on 16 Aug 2007, 18:32)

Broadcom (Kernel 2.4)

Nevermind, I'll just post the makefile for now...

EDIT: hmm, the forums are munging up the makefile, here's a link to one that appears to work
http://rafb.net/p/oMRPHw97.html

All I did was get it compiling properly, I haven't checked yet to see if the initscripts, patches, or anything else need to be changed/replaced/removed.

(Last edited by Bartman007 on 16 Aug 2007, 20:07)

Thanks, i'll try it.

EDIT: Compiles and runs on Broadcom (Kernel 2.4) and XScale platforms. Transparent TORifying rocks smile

(Last edited by zocker on 18 Aug 2007, 18:33)

The discussion might have continued from here.