OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: WL500 W kamikaze SVN rev.7880 .trx builds perfectly but no ping

The content of this topic has been archived between 27 Apr 2018 and 29 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

hi!

i have a wl-hdd, and a custom image still doesn't work for me. i tried to compile the latest svn and also the r9546 (openwrt-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx), but when flashing the device, it never responds. i had to flash the original brcm47xx 2.6 image, which then works. i did it both with tftp and
mtd write openwrt-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx linux

any suggestions?

bye...masc.

If it works with the original firmware, but not with OpenWRT, then you may need to boot the router in failsafe mode (after flashing OpenWRT) telnet in, and run:

mtd -r erase $(cat /proc/mtd | sed -n -e 's/^\([^:]*\):.*"rootfs_data"/\1/p' )

You can boot the router in failsafe mode by pressing the configure button a few times while the router is booting.  You'll know you're in failsafe mode because the power led will blink.

hi!

Zacpod wrote:

If it works with the original firmware, but not with OpenWRT, then you may need to boot the router in failsafe mode (after flashing OpenWRT) telnet

maybe my writing was a bit unclear. i'm meaning with 'original' the latest official release of openwrt (7.09 in this case), not the asus firmware.

Zacpod wrote:

in, and run:

mtd -r erase $(cat /proc/mtd | sed -n -e 's/^\([^:]*\):.*"rootfs_data"/\1/p' )

You can boot the router in failsafe mode by pressing the configure button a few times while the router is booting.  You'll know you're in failsafe mode because the power led will blink.

in failsafe mode i cannot telnet to the device, just upload the image with tftp. but i tried to flash the compiled firmware from the shell with mtd, and did the erase of rootfs_data afterwards before rebooting. with no succecss...

bye...masc.

The discussion might have continued from here.