OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Fonera reset on GP5?

The content of this topic has been archived on 9 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I'm seeing some strange things on two of my Fonera's, and I'm not sure if it is a hardware problem, or an OpenWRT "problem"

On one of my Foneras, I can write to all 8 GPIO pins without resetting the unit. Yes, strange things happen if I set both 5 and 6 to drive, and then set them to different states, but other than that, I can use 5 or 6 as a gpout, so long as I make the other an input.

I was going to use this to reset my FPGA logic (since there is a handy button right on the bottom of the board), only to find that my other Fonera IS resetting when I drive bit 5 low.

I d/l'ed the 7.06 tag (the released version) and compiled it on two separate machines (one at work, the other at home), thinking that since I pulled the same branch, I should get the same image. So here's the question. Why is gp5 causing a reset on one router, and nothing on the other?

Note - I haven't pulled the cable to the FPGA boards, but bit 5 is attached to an input on both boards.

Also strange is that I can turn bit 5 into an input, turn bit 6 into an output, and drive bit 6 high or low without resetting the second unit!

Anyone else play around with this? Did the reset daemon get ported to OpenWRT, and it's actually not working right on the first router?

EDIT: I can avoid the reset by using bit 6, and making 5 an input. Very strange, but at least it lets me do what I need to do.

(Last edited by jshamlet on 27 Jun 2007, 03:23)

How did you made an input of gpio 5?
when i try that i still have the same problem

(Last edited by lospiratos on 16 Aug 2007, 19:12)

The discussion might have continued from here.