OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: AR7: Any hope for 2.6 acx111 driver with WPA-PSK?

The content of this topic has been archived on 18 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hot off my success testing the newly ported avalance ADSL driver with a 2.6 kernel, I am wondering what the prospects are for getting the ACX111 wireless chip running as a WPA-PSK access point.

On the ADSL driver discussion, Heini mentioned that it could only do WEP right now, which kind of ruins the point for me to replace the unstable firmware on my D-Link DSL-G604t.  I guess I could switch to some VPN-over-nonrouted-wireless solution, but getting my wife or house guests to play along might be asking too much...

I also noticed that my settings in /etc/config/wireless do not seem to be applied to the ACX driver, so it is getting some default ESSID and sitting in station mode instead of master mode.  I assume there is no need to chase after this issue yet, if the driver cannot get put into a WPA mode now anyway.

karl wrote:

Hot off my success testing the newly ported avalance ADSL driver with a 2.6 kernel, I am wondering what the prospects are for getting the ACX111 wireless chip running as a WPA-PSK access point.

See http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=11077 - there is hope!

The discussion might have continued from here.