I managed to get a precompiled copy of Kamikaze on one of my La Fonera's using very explicit instructions - instructions that didn't exactly explain themselves very well. Obviously they worked, but I didn't understand what I was doing. (Ok, I knew *what* I was doing, I just didn't understand all the parameters, or why they were used.)

At this point, I have built a fresh copy from source, and I would like to give it a go. I have a few questions, though.

1) I already have OpenWRT installed, replacing the FON firmware. Is there an easier way to try my new image - or am I back to redboot.
2) Once the partitions are setup in the flash, how do you know when to change them? Do you need to change them for every new image?
3) Can you try out an image without flashing it? (load it directly to RAM, bypassing the FLASH?)

I'd like to help out as a beta tester of sorts, while I figure out how to integrate my own project on the side, but the Kamikaze documentation is a bit slim - the "Documentation" on the site is all White Russian based.

Note - since I'm attached to my FPGA target board, I have a serial console all the time. I also have a Xilinx compatable JTAG cable, which could be adapted to the EJTAG port with a bit of wiring.

Alternately, is there a working HOWTO site. I'm just trying to get bootstrapped to where I can download my own images at will.

Thanks!