ZeroPi with FriendlyWrt and USB Ralink 5370

Ah yes, ok

I am having the same issue with nanopi R2S, also Ralink 5370.
Could https://github.com/jayanta525/openwrt-nanopi-r2s fix the issue?

1 Like

Yes, it will, if compiled with the correct drivers. Please use the branch "gpio" for the lastest updated code.

Alright I will read the openwrt documentation soon on how to build, and how to include drivers, this is my first openwrt device. I will try to compile, if you could tell what exactly to modify to the gpio branch that would be great.

Thanks.

Alright, I'm working on it, i'm sorry but i'm kind of a noob here.

I added the bootloader, luci, rt2800-usb-firmware, kmod-rt2800-usb, kmod-cfg80211, kmod-lib80211, kmod-mac80211, wpad-basic, dhcpd

Anything else I should do to get a working r2s image?

Should I just select these?
Select all target specific packages by default
Select all kernel module packages by default
Select all userspace packages by default

So I guess what i'm asking is: what are the necessary kernel packages for the r2s, when standard router functionality is required (like friendlywrt), apart from the usb wi-fi driver?

Does anyone here have a working image already?

Thanks.

Check config.buildinfo.
Run make defconfig to expand the config to all the required packages.

Defconfig will include all the required packages.

1 Like

It seems there are already dependency issues, so the build fails. Is there a fix or do I have to wait for merge?

Edit: It actually seems to have buit now :slight_smile: , but I only see sysupgrade.img :confused:.

Holy shit! The image works, and wifi works. Thank you so much jaytana525!

1 Like

Glad you got it working.

you can upload your compiled image in dropbox/github or similar and post the link here for other users who might want to use it.

1 Like

Nanopi R2S .img with Ralink rt2800 drivers:
https://upload.disroot.org/r/5hmyfj98#9etZQqDjFZxwckMl7mhANjPDpPaTFZHN8FXLSzzQCcM=

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.