Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

I installed, I accessed the web interface once to configure wifi normally, but after a few minutes I was completely without interface, only by ssh, is connected but without internet, did I do something wrong? what do I do now?

hoping that this problem will be solved in the update 18.06.01

Dear,
with release 18.06 every time it reboots I lost web and ssh access, routnig and all main function. Without reboot all are working and both wifi 2.5 and 5 are working.
With last snapshot otherwise access survive reboot, but wifi are unusable both 2.5 and 5 alternating. If 2.5 goes 5 does not. If 5 goes, 2.5 no.
Error similar to what posting by @DrRS .
Any solution?

Hey!
Is it possible to go straight through Padvan FW from OpenWRT while using Prometheus or should i go back to Stock FW first?

I was really hoping for a stable and smooth release but oh boy... I've only had issues here... mainly with Lucy and configurations...
I hope 18.06.1 will be better...

Yes, I've changed to Padavan from owrt because it is more stable.
Compile the firmware and upload to router. Stock fw is not neccessary

Directly via Luci FWupgrade or did you use Prometheus or Breed Bootloader to flash Padavan?

I used prometheus firmware builder to build and upload via ssh.

I want to test Padavan. I have a question: Padavan or Padavan-ng by Linaro???

Regarding the login issue, I have found the solution here :
https://github.com/openwrt/luci/issues/1381

Summary :

corrupted /etc/config/rpcd. Deleted it and added the default contents:

config login
        option username 'root'
        option password '$p$root'
        list read '*'
        list write '*'

Then you will be able to login as root with default password (not $p$root)

I'm stuck at:

Detecting partition...
[...]
The list of available partition: 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1)  Bootloader 
 2)  Config 
 3)  Bdata 
 4)  Factory 
 5)  crash 
 6)  crash_syslog 
 7)  reserved0 
 8)  kernel_stock 
 9)  kernel 
 10)  ubi 
 Q)  Quit 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Please enter number of required partition:

What did you choose?

How did you get this screen?
I used this guide to build the firmware: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/5d0wmx/guide_how_to_install_padavan_custom_firmware_on/

I've started here: http://prometheus.freize.net/script/start-99.sh

Whats the vantages of Padavan over OpenWRT and vice versa?

Did anyone notice terrible USB disk performance?
I'm getting less than 10MB/s read throughtput. On the same disk connected to laptop I'm getting >70MB/s

root@OpenWrt:/mnt/dysk-usb# ls -alhtr
-rwxrwxrwx    2 root     root        3.1G Mar 24  2016 big_file.mkv
drwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        4.0K Jul 31 18:58 .
drwxrwxrwx    1 root     root       24.0K Jul 31 19:31 ..
root@OpenWrt:/mnt/dysk-usb# time dd if=./big_file.mkv of=/dev/null bs=1M
3215+1 records in
3215+1 records out
real    5m 18.57s
user    0m 0.07s
sys     0m 35.18s

It's (one of few) reasons I'm having trouble playing movies on Xiaomi Mi Box :confused:

FWIW, I have been having quite good results with OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r7763-9537c1a / LuCI Master (git-18.220.31345-7609919)
no issues with luci :slight_smile:

Try installing kmod-usb-storage-uas. I don't know if it will help, but it's supposed to use less CPU on supported devices. Please report back if it changes anything.

1 Like

EDIT: placebo.

The bigass heatsink that comes with it is okayish IF the thermalpads weren't absolute shit. Most chips aren't even touching the heatsink properly, so I had an extra work applying smaller copper heatsinks between the chips and the bigass heatsink. Now it's touching nicely.

Thx @Per will check that.
I need to reconfigure the router again because yesterday it started to display disk erros - in order to gracefully shut down the OS to remove the disk and not break filesystem (NTFS) I used "halt" command.
Unfortunatelly after re-plugging it to power it didn't start and there is no power button (at least not externally availabe). Short reset did not help so I had to go for full long reset. Now I need to play a bit around to get internet first as my usb modem modules are not loaded.
BTW Is there a easy upgrade option for OpenWRT if my internet access depends on external modules? I had previously router with Tomato on it and it was much easier as each new tomato release already had the modules installed.

You can recompile pretty much any openwrt release with their ImageBuilder and make the needed module(s) and even config(s) preinstalled.

How have you done overclocking in a secure way?