Xiaomi WiFi Router 3G

Try my custom builds, This is used to break through the Chinese firewall
Generally used in mainland China
https://router-sh.ptpt52.com/rom/

Today i flashed new snapshot and when installing packages i got this error:

Unknown package 'samba36-server'.
Collected errors:
opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package samba36-server.

Why opkg cant find samba package ? I flashed without keep settings

Because it's missing from trunk repositories add the stable(17.01) repository to the opkg conf and then update then install.. it can be used to install not kernel dependent packages.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

LuCI not included in trunk/snapshot builds. that is why you cannot access it...

in new lede/openwrt builds there is ssh server which is passwordles, so you can log in create password/config router then reboot, or install luci. after password is set ssh will be protected by it.

I am looking to replace my Archer C7 and I am about to buy this Xiaomi router but still pretty sure if it worth it, I can see that latest snapshot is quite stable but not sure about the SoC. What do you think guys? Will it be fully supported with a stable image soon?

I have mixed feeling about this router. It has USB 3.0, wifi 5ghz and is cheap, but FOR ME on lede it is not usable. I reverted to stock firmware yesterday and it is working 100% fine for now (i experienced wifi 2.4 bugs and short range on lede). My cheap TP-Link router in 125mW has better range than this with 4 antennas... It will be stabile image soon as far i know right. Maybe i would buy this router again... I don't know, i will see how stabile release will work.

BTW. Can someone tell me what is max TX power of this wifi chipset (both 2.4 and 5)?

I am able to create image for LEDE 17.01.4 with compatible kernel (so it could work as official). I have already prepared patched imagebuilder.

Only problem is driver - I mean 2.4GHz WiFi support. But things get better with time.

beside the problem with 2.4Ghz, are there any major issues with LEDE in this router?

Is there a quicker way of flashing BREED besides compiling LEDE w/ writable mtd partition?

hey Guys,

today seems that i`ve had hard bricked my mi 3g:( loaded few mins ago on working LEDE with LuCI this upgrade:

https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/

mir3g-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar

now from more than 30 mins its flasing constantly in such loop:

• constant orange color and after 10 sec and after that
  • blinks on blue for a 0,5 sec
  • again constant orange for 10 sec and
  • and switching off led for 1 sec. and starting again

already tried:

• cut off power and reset swtich for 10 sec. but seems that this is not working at all...

any ideas?

PS> on eth when i`m connected i do see link for 10 sec. with ip 192.168.1.2 and its reseting...

Thanks in Advance
Michal

Those who experience disconnections on 2.4 ghz
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].disassoc_low_ack='0' && uci commit

2 Likes

Thanks! I have no more disconnections after a few hours with option legacy_rates '0'. My /etc/config/wireless file for 2.4 ghz is:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
option type 'mac80211'
option hwmode '11g'
option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0'
option channel '9'
option legacy_rates '0'
option country 'ES'
option txpower '20'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
option device 'radio0'
option network 'lan'
option mode 'ap'
option ssid 'WIFI'
option encryption 'psk2'
option key 'P@ssw0rd'
option disassoc_low_ack '0'

2 Likes

Do you use http://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-mir3g-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar ?

I think it was a safe upgrade method! Can we still use this to upgrade lede?

Thanks and do you have an solution for 5GHz speed ? I only get max speed 60mbps (on 2.4GHz - 75-90mbps) link speed is 100mbps.

hey Guys looking for a help with my 3G model...

can anyone have similar issues and resolved it somehow?

router is unresponsive for any of methods like: reset button and power on...

You have to use a serial connection.

Is some using this device with the precompiled MT76 precompiled drivers (mediatek wifi is useless in MT7628) - #28 by BertL ?
I can not get it work because standard lede 17.01 branch does not have Xiaomi 3G support but need this branch for kernel 4.4.
Someone knows how to add support into the old branch?

1 Like

I am also interested in using precompiled drivers, because since I got my mir3g router i have problems with 2.4 ghz wlan. I applied option disassoc_low_ack '0' and option legacy_rates '0' but I have no internet warnings on my android phone often.
I use r5986 snapshot.

Thanks so much Rising_Sun! need to buy then USBTTL cable and try it:slight_smile:

let me try this one:)

I do not recommend it. But it is simply to create. You just have to add the DTS file and other changes, to the build source from openwrt git. For example sysupgrade won't work in this builds, because of the modification to the update process. so I'd recommend the snapshot build with old kernel...

I built an image but i couldn't get the proprietary drivers work (it could be turned on but couldn't found the ssid). But for me the MT76 drivers in the snapshot is good enough. (MT76 removed, included and loaded mtkdrivers)

Currently I am using snapshot build with 4.4 kernel like @neheb said because of the harddrive corruption bug.

1 Like